Driveway

Leng-man

Hey

Do any of you guys struggle to get onto your drive? I can't at the moment without going at a ridiculous angle,

I have a drop kerb outside the house and the my drive is a quite steep decline so the car bottoms out where they meet (like this /\ but obviously not that steep)

I don't know whether to go to standard suspension or just deal with it,

I can't drive on straight because the car bottoms out and the guy I bought it from told me it was only on springs

Liam

p1tse

Advanced Member
Where does it catch

Front lip, exhausts, other?

What it is lowered on and what tyre sizes are you running?

Leng-man

Underneath of the exhaust I'm presuming they are standard alloys with a 215 tyre

I was told springs and haven't had a chance to look under the car at the moment to see what they are but the last owner told me they weren't identifiable

I can get on at an angle with minimal scraping however if my neighbours are in I block the corner of their driveway

Would I be right in thinking I should use to wood to get over the point where the kerb and my drive meet so it's more of a gradual decline?

Thanks for the quick response

Liam

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Not at my house but can't get onto my grandads drive for above reasons, and this is one I the struggle with on a friends of mine drive

Only thing I can suggest is get someone to watch you pull onto the drive and see if you can find a way then just mark up the way so you get it spot on everytime.
Silly I know but apart from getting air ride or remodeling your drive....

p1tse

Advanced Member
Sounds like your b pipe / middle section of the exhaust is catching then

Is it standard exhaust, they are known to hang a bit lower for whatever reason

Not just angle drives being an issue but speed bumps

Other alternative is get the b pipe customised and fabricated to sit higher up

Leng-man

Cheers for the responses guys

It has a mugen cat back and yeh it is the b pipe sorry I should of been more specific

If I attack the drive straight on though the car would bottom out and get stuck

I'm just gonna have to live with going on at an angle and slightly scraping I guess and perfect my technique so im nearly straight and not overhanging the neighbours drive lol

It's only a weekend and occasional week night car anyway, my defender gets on easy lol

Mark_teg

Staff member
I no longer have the Teg, but I've recently moved house and the driveway sounds similar to yours. I won't be lowering my car anyway so hopefully won't be problem.

I think Dave C had a similar situation and had something done about it via the council, could be an option.

Leng-man

Hi mark,

If you imagine you have a drop kerb then the path slopes up from the road to the top of the path where it meets my drive, then my drive slopes down the opposite way so where it meets the path this it the top of the hill, so don't think they would do anything but good shout anyway

It's just awkward to get the car straight with my defender and my Mrs car already on the drive without going on the neighbours drive and when both there cars are there I doubt I'll be able to get on or off 😂

I might just return to standard height

Liam

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I am on ebachs and a mugen cat back like your self. If its anything other than a standard low speed hump I get a scrape. I am lucky my driveway is low or it would be a scraper too.

dave c

400hp K20
yeah my driveway was exactly as you described, up and then over. I used to ground out so i got a new driveway, job done i can fit any car on now :)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Leng-man said:
Would I be right in thinking I should use to wood to get over the point where the kerb and my drive meet so it's more of a gradual decline?
That should help a bit, give it a try with someone watching to see if it gives you enough clearance.

p1tse

Advanced Member
As said get a good exhaust fabricator to move the angle of the b pipe
I got quoted £60

p1tse

Advanced Member
Try and get a pic of the underside on a flat level ground to show before and after