Driving quickly

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I find I'm driving quickly all of the time in this car, every where I go I feel the need to boot it when I shouldn't be and it concerns me I'm either going to get caught or have an accident. I really need to slow down. :(

I'm driving so quick everywhere I'm winding myself up and stressing myself out to the point my legs and arms are shaking and my head hurts, like migraine type pains. Heart pounding and so on.

Was chatting with my dad earlier and was telling him about how I feel and what I'm like and he's in agreement. I really need to cool it. I keep having thoughts about selling it and then I want to keep it as I love it but I'm starting to think it might be best to just sell up and get something more normal and slower to drive like a diesel and maybe invest in a cheap trackday car to fix my urge for going quick where I can at least do it somewhere a bit safer such as on a track rather than a road, really don't know if I can take the stress of driving this car anymore, not on a daily basis. :(

Am I only the one that feels this way?

ktm108

Advanced Member
Don't try and sell it on here now everyone knows it's been cained around everywhere lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
You need another outlet bud. Gym, kickboxing etc.

Or go the other way and get some outdoors time, camping. RELAXING!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
adam. said:
OP - how old are you out of interest?
I'm 35 so should know better really. I'd love to do a trackday guys but I can't afford it, not in the DC5 anyway.

dotty

Advanced Member
You have the wrong car IMO. Airfield days are £100 or so.

Sell up and get something you can afford to run.

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Seriously get a track day booked hun. You will learn another respect for your car and your limits...

It's so different from road driving and a total buzz. It's like learning how to drive your car again if that makes sense??
You won't want to bomb around everywhere after that as you will see speed and your car differently x

ND1989

Crazylegs said:
I didn't say it was.
I didnt mean to sound overly negative there but if you just cant help but to drive fast, does it matter what car your in?

STEEVO

Crazylegs said:
I'm 35 so should know better really. I'd love to do a trackday guys but I can't afford it, not in the DC5 anyway.
If you can afford to drive that fast everywhere you can afford a track day. Surely the safety of yourself & everyone around you should be a priority here.

Maybe don't drive for a few days & save up the cash you would've spent on the fuel.....?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
gWhiz should sort out that speeding problem. Don't think you can brake the limit in one of them.

donzooo

Advanced Member
Christ I'm the opposite. I drive like a granny everywhere because I'm aware of how loud and noticeable my car is.