Driving quickly

Chewy

Advanced Member
No offense, but then you shouldn't be behind the wheel, especially in your DC5 until you sort yourself out.

Don't get me wrong, I have no objections to a good old 'B road blast', but the road will be dead and I won't be pushing myself/car unless it's a road I know, even then I'll be holding back.

If I want to push the boundaries, I'll save and book a track day, End of.

Other than that, She's my daily that I love and I like all of my limbs in tact...Insurance is a rip off so I don't want to crash and give them a chance to rape me anymore than they do.

Worst of all, it only takes some numpty with their head in their Iphone to cross a road and bang, your speeding problem will be solved for you.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
emmsyDC5xx said:
Seriously get a track day booked hun. You will learn another respect for your car and your limits...

It's so different from road driving and a total buzz. It's like learning how to drive your car again if that makes sense??
You won't want to bomb around everywhere after that as you will see speed and your car differently x
STEEVO said:
If you can afford to drive that fast everywhere you can afford a track day. Surely the safety of yourself & everyone around you should be a priority here.

Maybe don't drive for a few days & save up the cash you would've spent on the fuel.....?
See a trackday to me is going to cost more than the normal £200 or whatever it is for the day unless it can be done cheaper. Airfields are miles from me, think the nearest is Blyton and that's around 200 miles away.

I imagine I would demolish my tyres so I'd be looking £300 - £400 for new tyres.

Car would need a service afterwards - £120.

Plus I need a new balljoint which I was going to wait on for a few months and get camber arms and a decent setup done at the same time as I'd be wasting my time getting on track as the handling is amazing at the moment. Likewise the brakes aren't the best. I can't afford to be forking out anywhere near that at this present time.

Just a question re trackdays. I know some places do a half day (evening) session. Would I be able to do one of them and get away with having to fork out on replacement bits etc?

Regarding my car and my driving. I only really use the car on weekends as I generally cycle to work so it could be that it's getting driven in anger. I do use midweek if it's lashing it down but that's only once a day midweek that it gets used.

James-T

Advanced Member
You won't demolish your tyres at all on a trackday unless you like to purposely push understeer everywhere.

Also, you seem to drive the car hard on the road everywhere from what you've said, so why would you need a service after a trackday?

Oil & filter change for £30 for peace of mind?

James-T

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
Where do you get your oil? :p
Fuchs and filter is the best part of £60+ these days
Castrol edge/Shell Helix is £25, filter a fiver? :)

Rob R

Advanced Member
Say your brakes aren't the best then you openly admit you drive like a clown everywhere. Think you need prozac not petrol.

Chewy

Advanced Member
sheeraz19823 said:
Bash one out before you drive
You can't live your life like that, what if you drive to the super market or your nans house? you have to drive home again after remember! So if this is the cure, things are about to get weird...

STEEVO

Crazylegs said:
See a trackday to me is going to cost more than the normal £200 or whatever it is for the day unless it can be done cheaper. Airfields are miles from me, think the nearest is Blyton and that's around 200 miles away.

I imagine I would demolish my tyres so I'd be looking £300 - £400 for new tyres.

Car would need a service afterwards - £120.

Plus I need a new balljoint which I was going to wait on for a few months and get camber arms and a decent setup done at the same time as I'd be wasting my time getting on track as the handling is amazing at the moment. Likewise the brakes aren't the best. I can't afford to be forking out anywhere near that at this present time.

Just a question re trackdays. I know some places do a half day (evening) session. Would I be able to do one of them and get away with having to fork out on replacement bits etc?

Regarding my car and my driving. I only really use the car on weekends as I generally cycle to work so it could be that it's getting driven in anger. I do use midweek if it's lashing it down but that's only once a day midweek that it gets used.
OK I get that the cost is an issue but it really is worth saving & waiting.

The fact that you say your car isn't really upto scratch but you're driving it hard on the road is quite a concern don't you think?

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
This was something I was thinking of last night. Even though I've not been caught speeding it may be something that helps to slow me down and that can only be a good thing.

I will look into it thanks. :)
Iv'e recently been on the awareness course rather than take the points and by god that'll slow ya down, still costs about the same as points but you take the choice and save the licence ;)
One of the most stressful things iv'e done but it works mate.

Mobile cameras will get you one day.......

T.G.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I think of it something you can't controller you are better off not in a car that eggs you on to go faster. But no matter what car you are in especially a less capable car chances are you will still push it Passed its limits

Linus27

Advanced Member
Seriously get a track day booked hun. You will learn another respect for your car and your limits...

It's so different from road driving and a total buzz. It's like learning how to drive your car again if that makes sense??
You won't want to bomb around everywhere after that as you will see speed and your car differently x
Excellent post Emma and can't agree with you more.

The thing with track driving is its nothing about going fast whatsoever and all about learning new techniques, how your car handles and building up new skills. It will make you a much better road driver and as Emma says learn another respect, not only for your car but for other road users. It is also great fun and the banter is brilliant. You will soon realize that driving fast on the road is a mugs game and totally inappropriate.

If track days are not for, then you need to find another way to channel your energy.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
James T said:
You won't demolish your tyres at all on a trackday unless you like to purposely push understeer everywhere.

Also, you seem to drive the car hard on the road everywhere from what you've said, so why would you need a service after a trackday?

Oil & filter change for £30 for peace of mind?
Yeah that^^^