Driving Superstitions??

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
When me and my best mate were growing up it seemed whenever we took pictures of our cars someone crashed into us... so we stopped taking pictures and we have not had an accident since.

Its been 5 years, and 10 cars between us now and still no car pictures.

Anyone elso got any driving superstitions that sound just as weird to the outside world as this one?? Even things you have to do before going on the track??

Love to here them.

:D :D :D

G4Z

I never let the trip milometer go to 666, always reset at 665. My teg(dc2 :oops: :lol: ) is number 00013 so i guess its cursed anyway :( So far so good though :arrow:

I cant believe you've not taken any pictures of your cars :( I hope you got someone else too :)

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
Im picking up my DC5 at the end of the month and the only picture i will have of it is the Andy from 200bhp sent me before it was mine.

Probably the only one i will ever have!! :(

The Mofo

Advanced Member
I will never listen to Steve Lukather's Candyman again in my car. I've had it in previous cars twice, first time I rolled the car (a corsa so I did the world justice), second some woman drove into the side of me.

Sara

Advanced Member
I only ever compete with my 'Devil' mascot in the car, usually tie-wrapped to the roll cage.

Bit of 'reverse psychology' and its worked so far. (fingers and toes crossed as I type) :wink: :lol: :lol:

I also have a lucky T shirt.

I avoid doing things on the 13th, having crashed a car on feb 13, and broke my knee on Nov 13.
Im actually thinking of cancelling my hair appointment which is for this Saturday 13 Jan (just in case the scissors slip :shock: )

Evs

Advanced Member
I try to avoid pulling out of junctions without looking each way first

I also try to avoid driving too close to the car in front, especially in the wet.

Nothing to do with personal experience, but other people tell me these things are unlucky...

Vampyre VTi

i have a lucky gear knob that changes car with me!

and i name every car i own and talk to them!!

im going to crazy prison arnt i!!

mikegsi

Staff member
a certain helmet i wear for trackdays/quarter mile, but then i do only have the one :wink:

Raffe

Advanced Member
Evs said:
I try to avoid pulling out of junctions without looking each way first

I also try to avoid driving too close to the car in front, especially in the wet.

Nothing to do with personal experience, but other people tell me these things are unlucky...
:lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
remembered another, i never have the headunit volume on an odd number................ always even

Duncs

why?
what difference does it make, superstitious wise, odd numbers??
now i can believe 13, but !!

Rash

mikegsi said:
remembered another, i never have the headunit volume on an odd number................ always even
same here :oops: dont know why though... just when i look at it and if its on an odd number i'll change it to an even one..!