Driving with mods before remap...

Samy888

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

Just want some opinions as to what people think...
Currently have j's racing 70rr exhaust, gruppe M intake.
(The 70mm RBC intake manifold, 70mm throttle body and AEM fuel rail will hopefully be fitted shortly)
So will there be much harm in running these fitted to the car before a remap? (p.s I only take the car out a drive once a week max for a spirited run) also I am currently saving up for a remap come summer time :)

Cheers guys :)

jrscho

Advanced Member
Summer time.. That's ages away!

Your car will be overfuelling like mad with those parts! Try get a remap asap to get your full gains :) should make some pretty good gains too

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
I've always been led to believe that a induction kit and exhaust is okay, exhaust manifold is okay for a little while. But when I fitted my RBC was advised NOT to use vtec at all until mapped (which was the next day)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samy888

Advanced Member
jrscho said:
Summer time.. That's ages away!

Your car will be overfuelling like mad with those parts! Try get a remap asap to get your full gains :) should make some pretty good gains too
I know it is!!! Haha it sits in the garage most of the winter and only really driven to keep the battery topped up. trying to save my money for my holiday to Florida with the other half in July too though. And need new tyres for my new wheels first. ( ooh the joys of upgrades )

Samy888

Advanced Member
Jinis dust said:
I've always been led to believe that a induction kit and exhaust is okay, exhaust manifold is okay for a little while. But when I fitted my RBC was advised NOT to use vtec at all until mapped (which was the next day)
Would it really cause any damage? surely the accord euro R runs the same manifold as standard. as I said it doesn't get huge usage but gets a few good blasts of vtec when it does lol

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
From what I been told, it is actually better to map your car in winter than in summer.. As the dyno room would get hot, the car produces better power in an cooler environment

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Samy888 said:
Would it really cause any damage? surely the accord euro R runs the same manifold as standard. as I said it doesn't get huge usage but gets a few good blasts of vtec when it does lol
The Accord will have an ecu to suit though....ourd in the dc5 will be completely different!

I wouldn't be kaining it on its only drive with those bits atall. Just wouldn't drive it much until the map, or drive it sensible until it's done at best.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I've got manifold exhaust and induction kit without map and runs fine.

However everyone advises you against fitting rbc aswell as it'll run lean.

So when my rbc goes on. It'll just be driven to tdi for the remap

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
As said the euro R will be tuned to run the RBC from factory. Where a dc5 is not. I've got one in my garage with a 70mm TB ready to go on. But I'm just waiting till a day or 2 before I get it mapped to fit it. Then I will have a very steady drive to get it mapped. Then it's a very fun drive on the way home

Personally I'd say, just don't fit it till a few days before the map

Samy888

Advanced Member
mikey_t8 said:
From what I been told, it is actually better to map your car in winter than in summer.. As the dyno room would get hot, the car produces better power in an cooler environment
I plan on using momentum motorsport for the remap. However they do not have a rolling road. The car is mapped 'live' on an actual road lol

Samy888

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
I've got manifold exhaust and induction kit without map and runs fine.

However everyone advises you against fitting rbc aswell as it'll run lean.

So when my rbc goes on. It'll just be driven to tdi for the remap
Currently I am running rich due to my exhaust fitted. And as you said I will run lean with the RBC intake fitted. soooo mix the two together and it cancels eachother out. Hahahaha 😛

Fez

Advanced Member
Take it to your local dyno and get them to check the afr's. Be worth it for the £30-50 they'll charge, better than spending on engine internals if it is bad.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Thinking about it, I'd say you'd be running lean with your exhaust? All mods will increase the amount of air the engine can get through it. More air=running lean?

Samy888

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Take it to your local dyno and get them to check the afr's. Be worth it for the £30-50 they'll charge, better than spending on engine internals if it is bad.
atr?is that air to fuel ratio?

integraleo

Advanced Member
Each engine will be slightly different but I ran a trust exhaust, rbc,dc sports mani and injen intake and had afrs checked before mapping and it was fine