Drop-link broken...realy honda?

Teg

Hi, took the car in for a 35quid winter check with 12months road side assistance thrown in, not a bad deal they clean it for you aswell. After leaving it with them for an hour or so i went back to a report saying my nearside front droplink had snapped!?! After questioning this(having it in for a full service and mot a few months prior to this not being highleted, and no knocking sounds or anything) they quoted me 70quid to replace it(hope they mean both of them).
To add to this, there valeting man had phoned in sick and they didnt have the option in ther computer to set up the road side assistance for a teg being an import etc.
I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with droplinks breaking or were i could get some replacements? Im going to have a crawl under and see if they have got this right first.
So I left with a dirty teg, a so called broken droplink and my road side assistance not set up hahahahahaha :xmad: ADVICE PLEASE!! thank uuuu :green:

civic17_99

Advanced Member
My front drivers side anti roll bar drop link was broken when i had my MOT. So i brought a brand new one from Honda, i am pretty sure it was only about a tenner and got my friend whos a mechanic to fit it. Didnt take him very long to fix either.

Teg

ye mate its the same had a crawl under its the one on the rollbar, think thats the best idea think i'll fit it myself didnt seem to be under any tension or anything. The 70quid must have all been for labour,lol!!

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Yeah thats where they sting you on the labour. But if you reckon you can do it yourself then go for it and save yourself some cash.

mikegsi

Staff member
its a doddle to fit yourself, get a replacement from dave johnson and save a fortune on labour cost

took me around 30 minutes to do and id never done one before

Teg

awww just ordered them off honda today not to fit, probably could have got them cheaper somewere else.