Drop links - opinions?

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
This is one of my front drop links. It looks sad. I was going to just align it before using on track, but this seems like it should be changed?

If so, what would people recommend? Tegiwa? Hardrace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wocka

Advanced Member
rsmithinfo said:
This is one of my front drop links. It looks sad. I was going to just align it before using on track, but this seems like it should be changed?

If so, what would people recommend? Tegiwa? Hardrace?

Hardrace are a popular choice

Mark_teg

Staff member
I'd recommend OEM Honda.

Those ones have lasted how many years and miles? I assume a fair few of both. New ones from Honda will probably outlast the car ;)

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
I'd recommend OEM Honda.

Those ones have lasted how many years and miles? I assume a fair few of both. New ones from Honda will probably outlast the car ;)
Couldn't agree more. Too many people rush to aftermarket parts! Yes they can be cheaper but if OEM works it's worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Seems I've been one of the rushers and gone with some hardrace. I may well pay the price after these last three comments!

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Hardrace ones basically last 6 months. Had 2 sets now, and I don't do mega miles.

OEM are good.
MeyleHD ones are decent too. Much more manly looking than OEM, and are lasting well so far.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Thanks [mention]Johngreen537 [/mention] the MeyleHD ones are £30 for the pair on eBay as well so half the price of the hardrace from Tegiwa and way less than OEM so worth a punt.

I‘ll return my hard race ones based on the feedback. MeyleHD ones ordered. I wanted to put them on this weekend as well booo. Still better to fit better parts.

gaza4

Advanced Member
got spurious ones from a local motor factors 5 years ago. havent fallen off yet

Fez

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Hardrace ones basically last 6 months. Had 2 sets now, and I don't do mega miles.

OEM are good.
MeyleHD ones are decent too. Much more manly looking than OEM, and are lasting well so far.

Majority of hardrace stuff is just cheap chinese ‘oem‘ replacements, but people are obsessed with buying them. And they‘re all cheap tat.

skengdR

Advanced Member
Never bought any hardrace stuff myself , listen to johns advice

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
So what would you say are the most GO TO drop links for the DC5 then?, and where is the best place to order them?
I was looking at the whiteline universal ones from torque GT, but dont like the idea of them being universal and have to cut them to length.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
I like the Meyle HD ones that [mention]Johngreen537 [/mention] recommended they are pretty meaty and I just fitted them and they went on fine. Can‘t comment on their life but John did. Or just go OEM.

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
OEM are good.

link for meyle hd?

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Check the parts number in the thread link above - I just ebay searched those numbers and ordered. £30

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
I've literally just fitted a front set that I bought from japserviceparts.co.uk. They look decent to be fair, a bit chunkier than the oem ones that were taken off. Mine were toast too.

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Yours were proper toast! Black ones as opposed to silver and blue too