Drunk driver took out my teg :(

andrewv4

After 8 years of owning a truly magnificent car, its life was cut short on monday when a drunk driver in a transit slammed into me. How i managed to walk away from this crash is beyond me. I just want to thank everyone for posting information and builds on their cars as this helped me work on the car year by year never taking it into a garage except for getting the yearly check from Honda.
The DC5 is hands down the best most reliable car I have ever owned and all you guys on the forum have been extremely helpful.

Attachments

Pdt

Woah. Glad you‘re ok mate.

Cue the people asking to buy bits off it...

skengdR

Advanced Member
sorry to hear mate , good thing is you made it out alive

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

andrewv4

My dad went down to the police pound yesterday to pick up bits in the cabin i'd left, the ARC box is destroyed and the engine is so bent that the mugen header is probably not worth fixing. I doubt there is anything on that car worth selling. The insurers will get back to me by next week so ill know more.

ian85

Glad you‘re ok bud.
Looks like the Teg did well to save you from serious injury.
Did they catch the drunk driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Wow!!!

Always grim to see such a nice car in such a state but you are alive pal and that‘s the main thing, cars can always be replaced 👍🏻

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Fucking hell! That's bad! Sorry to hear that mate, main thing is that you're safe and in one piece. People like that are absolute pieces of shit. I'd have killed him personally.

ste01

Advanced Member
Main thing is you're alright. In my experience these cars are pretty good in a crash 😂 hope you get a fair pay out buddy

Cam

Advanced Member
Bummer. :xno:

How fast was the impact? Looks like it's held itself together relatively well.

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Woah... not good but at least you wernt hurt. Takes the p1ss when people risk others lives like this

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear this mate, that's really unlucky. Glad to hear you weren't badly injured it could have been much worse looking at the damage. Hopefully the insurance sorts it for you without any issues 👍

andrewv4

After nearly 3 months im back on the road now, couldnt bare the thought of another Dc5 after all the time and effort i put into it over the last 7 years. Ive gone with a 2006 subaru forester sti until i can find a decent fd2, loads of space and goes like a rocket.

ste01

Advanced Member
How's the Forester compared to the teg? At the end of summer I'll probably go for either a Forester STI or Toyota Mark 2.

Glad you can put it all behind you now anyway mate :)

andrewv4

ste01 said:
How's the Forester compared to the teg? At the end of summer I'll probably go for either a Forester STI or Toyota Mark 2.

So far so good, I do miss the sound of vtec though.It does feel faster than my old teg which is surprising when you look at it and it handles really well as well. Taking it to surrey rolling road in a few weeks to get it mapped and see what it produces.

andrewv4

ste01 said:

After a few months of owning and putting nearly 1000 miles on i can def tell you it runs better than my old teg and i get more miles out of it as well, Duncan at surrey rolling road managed to get 320bhp with 350 ftlbs torque that was just with a k&n typoon induction kit.

lewis87

Advanced Member
I love the forester STI, I wanted one so badly after selling my WRX STI but I chickened out because I was wanting better MPG and bulletproof reliability.

ste01

Advanced Member
I just took the plunge on a facelift one. Looking forward to chucking my mountain bikes in it and using it properly