Dumbest mistake you've made with your DC5

Cam

Advanced Member
For a few weeks after first purchasing it, out the corner of my left eye, thinking the spoiler was another white car really close behind me...

2ndy

Advanced Member
Mine is a mega embarrassing mistake, one that I probably hear from my mates any time a radiator is mentioned,

Was fitting my front diffuser and wanted to mount it to bumper, subframe and radiator support. Started drilling the holes and all went well apart from the last hole I was drilling into the radiator support, didn't realise there was already a hole and I actually had the drill on the bottom of the radiator. Wondering why the hole was so easy to drill I pulled it back out and was smashed with a lot of fresh honda coolant!

Was a good excuse for a new alloy rad though!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Not tracking it enough and when I did, I found the gravel...

Also spending way too much money on it and not driving it enough.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
When I fitted the reversing camera to the number plate I intended to have it on the left as you look at it. I turned the plate over and drilled the hole on the left. Duh. Never mind, the right is fine.

Over tightened a wheel nut on one wheel and broke the stud. Then after tightening the rest still managed to over tighten a 2nd one and broke that too.

Also over tightened the screw for the spark plug cover and broke that.

Forgot to order some oil when I did a track day. Thankfully got through the day ok but before I made the petrol station the car started to choke a bit and the engine light came on. Slowly got to the station and topped it up and all was fine.

Sonny1

Advanced Member
Have done the indicator and wiper stalk mix up several times after swapping from my daily into the Teg.

Snowbeard

Locked myself out of mine with the engine running on day 2 of ownership...luckily it was a cool day and it didn't overheat or run out of fuel before the RAC showed up.

In my defence however, it was a fault with the alarm that would cause the doors to lock and unlock randomly, rather than pure user error.

In terms of DIY, i pay other people to do stuff these days, too many horror stories and days lost on other cars down the years...easy life please.

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
-Fitting a 3" Exhaust just for some HPs on a daily driver.. Ears bleeding everyday lol
-Rolling the fenders
-Cutting my scuttle plate for the airbox with the "instructions" at the Tegiwa hp which are for the EP3. Endud up with a hole twice as big as intended