Dunlop DZ03G

Hancock

Advanced Member
Was looking at silverstones but i'm a bit put off after some of the problems people having. So next on list is the dz03g's, these are now cheaper then the r888's and a048's. Do they last longer then the r888? Want them for ring next month

R888 £189
a048 £199
DZ03G £155

There the prices i've got so far if anyone can get them cheaper please let me know :)

Judley

Advanced Member
Hancock said:
Was looking at silverstones but i'm a bit put off after some of the problems people having. So next on list is the dz03g's, these are now cheaper then the r888's and a048's. Do they last longer then the r888? Want them for ring next month

R888 £189
a048 £199
DZ03G £155

There the prices i've got so far if anyone can get them cheaper please let me know :)
Not sure on the wear rate of the Dunlop tyres but they have to be worth a try at that price differential. How about a wild card of the RE070? I have just put a set on the DC5 and they are superb. You can really feel the stiffness of the sidewalls and the grip (in the dry at least) is impressive. At £460 fitted and balanced you would save a good chunk on any of the above. You could almost buy two sets for the price of the Yokos :D

Judley

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
Good price, where from? They're £176.25 each on Camskill: http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m12b0s664p0

Never tried them, but my gut feeling is that with RE070s being dry road tyres, they won't give the grip of pure trackday tyres.
Just my local tyre dealer in the North-East although I do buy more than my fair share of tyres and brakes etc. :eek: I agree they won't perform quite as well as a pure track tyre but from an economics "v" dynamic performance tradeoff they are worth looking at.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Sorry, I meant good price on the Dunlops! :oops:

My experience of RE0xx series tyres is that they're not good enough in the wet for British roads and I'm only interested in pure trackday tyres for the track.

George K

Advanced Member
You could also look at Kumho V70A. I have them for hill climbing, and am pleased with them, but obviously can not comment on wear.

Hancock

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
Good price, where from? They're £176.25 each on Camskill: http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m12b0s664p0

Never tried them, but my gut feeling is that with RE070s being dry road tyres, they won't give the grip of pure trackday tyres.
http://www.mrtyremotorsport.co.uk/dunlo ... -tyres.asp I rang them yesterday, £132+vat next day delivery.

Im with lockwood regarding re070's, i want them for trackdays. Once you go down the root of semi slick tyre you realise how much of a difference they make.

George K said:
You could also look at Kumho V70A. I have them for hill climbing, and am pleased with them, but obviously can not comment on wear.
I have a set of these i really rate them lots of grip, but i won't get any more than 2 trackdays out of them. I'm already below the legal limit for road after one day at cadwell and now need another set for ring next month.

I'd like to try them in the hard compound might get a few more days out of them

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi

I've not used them myself...

However, they are considered by many in the racing field, who have to run MSA List 1B tyres to be the best you can run on!!

I know of many Honda's in one race series, were they all run on these tyres !

If they are now cheaper than R888 & A048's.... then that is fantastic news :)

Mike

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I really didn't have that experience with the V70a, loads of tread left after a day at Silverstone (although the afternoon was damp). At Oulton on 18th May, so we'll see what happens there if it's dry.

Hancock

Advanced Member
Well i've finally ordered the dz03g's,i will be using these for the ring next week providing my car gets sorted in time.

Camskill have them on offer at £165 225/45/17

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I used R888s as i was sponsored by Toyo, and once properly heat cycled were fab, Tom (TGM) when racing tin tops used the dunlops as they were all available to fit, they gave good grip definatly as good as the Toyos and wore well too.

Judley

Advanced Member
Hancock said:
Well i've finally ordered the dz03g's,i will be using these for the ring next week providing my car gets sorted in time.

Camskill have them on offer at £165 225/45/17
Please post some feedback up then mate after your trip :green: