Dyno Results before and after Kpro (Edit Graph pg2)

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
I had my car on the Rollers @ TDI North today, quite happy with the results.

Pre Kpro - 185whp and 146.8lbft
Post Kpro- 196whp and 160lbft

I will scan the graph with before and after on, tomorrow.

For those of you who dont know my mods,

GruppeM
Spoon N1 & B-Pipe
Hondata Heatshield

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Nice figures you got there matey!! :D do you know how much that is in BHP roughly?? Thanks for them tyres again mate :!: :wink:

eg3+3

I think probably it's about 235bhp at the fly!
TypeR kid, I've seen your car in china town before...

eg3+3

Neolee40, you calculation is a bit wrong!

if 18% is the transmission loss... then 218bhp@fly =
218 x (100%-18%) = 178bhp at the wheel

but he said he got 185bhp at the wheel!

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
According to the graph it read 237, but I am not interested in fly figures because it means fook all.

Torque and wheel bhp os all I am interested in, the lax power crew can quote stupidly high bhp figures if they wish :D

neolee40

Advanced Member
SiKBoY said:
According to the graph it read 237, but I am not interested in fly figures because it means fook all.

Torque and wheel bhp os all I am interested in, the lax power crew can quote stupidly high bhp figures if they wish :D
agreed :)

dan the man

Advanced Member
Andy u can quote wheel figures all u want, ill look at weight figures and seeing as your a big lad ill be kicking yoiur butt 8) 8) 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
neolee40 said:
SiKBoY said:

agreed :)
you agree with that statement yet you quote your bhp power at the fly in your sig :roll: :wink: :D (which is also the higher one out of the two you had done, if i remember rightly you got something like 247@fly at system r...................)

dan the man said:
Andy u can quote wheel figures all u want, ill look at weight figures and seeing as your a big lad ill be kicking yoiur butt
:D

Evs

Advanced Member
I'd say the most important things are the area under the graph and how progressive the delivery is, not the peak power figure (wherever it's measured).

This is difficult to quantify for a signature block though - but just for the record mine is 110.5637 square centimetres*

Interesting baseline run though - be good to see the difference an ECU makes. 8)

*measured from a standard A4 plot of the dyno graph, no editing in photoshop, using the 'pure guesstimation' method, WH Smith green 1mm graph paper, ambient room temperature 23.1 degrees C... :wink: :lol:

Mersey_typeR

Advanced Member
SiKBoY said:

Ok that makes sweet FA sense to me ! My car made 209wbhp and the graphs estimate was "245bhp fly".... :lol: How your estimate could be 8bhp lower, yet it's 24wbhp lower I don't know :lol: It just shows how FUBAR fly estimates are!

I'll stick to talking about wbhp like you Andy, as that's what RR's measure. 8)

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Got Kpro'd on Friday made 196whp & 160lbft

Very impressed with the car pulls a lot more in every gear !

Will have comparison Graph up on Monday.

mikegsi

Staff member
nice one mate, k-pro is deffo the future! :D (just like garlic and bread :wink: )

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Edited Page one to show post kpro results, I guess kpro does work with the cat. In a few weeks I will know what difference it makes decatted.

Mersey_typeR

Advanced Member
SiKBoY said:
In a few weeks I will know what difference it makes decatted.
From what I've read on CLubRSX the DC5 exhaust is already really good Manifold) so putting on a Race header see's under 10wbhp extra, the example was a bloke who went from DC5 header to DCRH, with K-pro and so forth, gained 7wbhp. So your results will be interesting Andy ! 8)