Dyno/Rolling Road question

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
logik said:
Is that 229 WHP? Does that figure not seem low for all the work you have done if it is in fact BHP?
not really because theres still the Spoon N1 to go on and cams to be fitted..

i lost 19 bhp changing from standard exhaust to BC Spec 3...

so now im waiting for my spoon to get here..

they reckon it might just make 300bhp when its all fitted and done :p

spike

LA-DC5 ITR said:
148 torkeys and 197 WHP spike.
That's impressive WHP Stu. IMHO, whp is the figure you need to be more worried about. A lot of people I know get too caught up in bhp figures, but if you're not getting it to the road it doesnt matter !

Anyone know what whp a totally stock dc5 should be putting out ? Im guessing you're loosing about 15% through the drivetrain, so around 187 ?

logik

Advanced Member
spike said:
LA-DC5 ITR said:
That's impressive WHP Stu. IMHO, whp is the figure you need to be more worried about. A lot of people I know get too caught up in bhp figures, but if you're not getting it to the road it doesnt matter !

Anyone know what whp a totally stock dc5 should be putting out ? Im guessing you're loosing about 15% through the drivetrain, so around 187 ?
Yeah 187 sounds about right John. But yeah Stu is right we were over the 190+ WHP on our runs.

logik

Advanced Member
D@nCeR said:
logik said:
Is that 229 WHP? Does that figure not seem low for all the work you have done if it is in fact BHP?
not really because theres still the Spoon N1 to go on and cams to be fitted..

i lost 19 bhp changing from standard exhaust to BC Spec 3...

so now im waiting for my spoon to get here..

they reckon it might just make 300bhp when its all fitted and done :p
Keep us posted buddy :)

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
spike said:
LA-DC5 ITR said:

yeah ive been against a few standard or lightly modded dc5's and shes never shown me up yet.

Your right about the whp though, thats where the real figures are.

spike

I will if its good! :lol:

Had the crazy thought of removing the speed sensor from the gearbox to remove the Jap limiter for the run, so I could do it in 5th. I know it'd bring a engine management light on but I could get that cleared in work. But if you two got those figures in 4th then I should be fine.

fonz600

Advanced Member
It should be the gear that gives you the closest to a 1:1 ratio I believe.
I've always used 4th but 5th is closer.

nefor

Advanced Member
Thought this would be an ideal place to ask, went to a rolling road day today just as a tag along but thought I'd put my car on as it was only £20.

Now they ran my [completely standard] car in 3rd, the same as all the other cars on the day. I got a max reading of 184 FWHP...

I had a word with the guys but they were adamant this was correct and started talking about how Honda are renowned for exaggerating figures and how it's a 7 year old car (albeit with < 40k miles). I can scan the graph in if anyone wants a look.

Despite the seemingly low figures my car was almost the most powerful of the day, only thing with higher figures was a Saleen Mustang which put down 460bhp (about 60 less than the owners last RR session).

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
Yella Fella said:
anyone done dyno at standard? what am i looking to be getting? though i have a toda cat back exhaust.
i made 222 with standard exhaust and a gruppe m

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
mine was dyno'd 1st time as standard bar a cat back & top fuel air filter and done 216 on 95ron wee

spike

For the guy who had the car dyno'd in 3rd gear. That cant be right !

Ok I had mine dyno'd last saturday. As I was saying my mate had had his dc5 dyno'd in 4th gear a few weeks back. He made 202bhp. The guy operating it was adament that it couldnt get an accurate reading in 4th. So he ran my mates one again last saturday (de-limited this time in 5th) and it made 222bhp.

He then ran mine in 4th. (which he asked me was I sure I wanted to do as I wouldnt get an accurate reading) I said yea, because I could still guage it from my mates first run. So it made 210bhp, 150 lb/ft torque. He reckoned in 5th it should make 230bhp - and probably the true figure for the engine.

I dunno, Im skeptical ? Why did stueys and Logiks make a fairly believable figure in 4th ? Is it a case of "depends on the dyno" ?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if u remove vss sensor you won't get vtec,
my car made 217 fwhp totally stock
220.5 fwhp wit induction kit

nefor

Advanced Member
spike said:
For the guy who had the car dyno'd in 3rd gear. That cant be right !
Thanks mate, yea I can find noone else who runs cars in 3rd, let alone a car with a 6 speed close ratio box!