Dyno's

raz786

Advanced Member
Was having a look through various search results about dyno readings, and I'm confused. I've seen some figures for Tegs without KPRO getting circa 190whp and one's with KPRO only a few bhp more. Can a Teg with the basic mods (induction, exhaust) reach 190 at the wheels?? If a standard Teg actually puts out about 210bhp (217bhp book figure probably isn't achievable) then that would mean only a 10% loss which doesn't sound right to me :?

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic. ... =fly+wheel

Thats the thread, amongst others, I was reading. What do people think?

logik

Advanced Member
I have had mine on the RR twice before i did anything to the car and it made 218 and 216 BHP, 190WHP is possible for a standard DC5.

raz786

Advanced Member
That would equate to about 10% loss, seems a little low to me thats all. I know every dyno is different but I would think a standard Teg makes about 170-180 WHP :?

logik

Advanced Member
Nah, i mean your losing about 25-28 from the Flywheel to the Wheels which is about right for the Teg.

raz786

Advanced Member
I would expect a standard DC5 to lose about 40-45bhp from flywheel to wheel (about 22%+) thats all, thanks for your input logik, shame nobody else has shared their experience :(

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
On Janspeed's dyno, my stock DC5 was putting out 183@wheels.

I think 22% is a bit high, I would have expected around 17-18% loss.

raz786

Advanced Member
Cool, I was unsure due to the fact that some DC5's with circa 240bhp at the fly, are only about 5bhp more at the wheel than a DC5 with circa 220bhp at the fly, I guess the difference can vary at different points throughout the rev range and not just at the max power point.

logik

Advanced Member
Yeah i lost about 12% too. I mean when i first Dyno'd the car completely stock, it made 218 at the Fly and about 189-190 at the wheels.

22% is too much

raz786

Advanced Member
I think I've understood that the difference between a KPRO's Teg and one that's not has to be looked at throughout the rev range, and not just the max bhp number. Thanks guys

Martctr

Advanced Member
22% seemed pretty acurate and everyone (the ATR lot are a tough bunch to please) thought the figures were bang on.

Best thing to do is call ATSPEED and talk to one one of them as they were all pretty clued up

We stuck your car up on the computer and compared your run to their turbo 106 OMG it would eat you and most things on the road lol. They were saying that want to put a honda engine in the rear next and turbo it lol

Seriously the guys are happy to answer any questions you have

Little Legs

Martctr said:
22% seemed pretty acurate and everyone (the ATR lot are a tough bunch to please) thought the figures were bang on.

Best thing to do is call ATSPEED and talk to one one of them as they were all pretty clued up

We stuck your car up on the computer and compared your run to their turbo 106 OMG it would eat you and most things on the road lol. They were saying that want to put a honda engine in the rear next and turbo it lol

Seriously the guys are happy to answer any questions you have

Hard to please - us :eek:

We've always said 18% to 19% depending on oil temp etc is about right for hondas, 22% that Atspeed were talking about as a rough figure is high for a honda but low for a scooby etc

For example a standard ATR is 209 to 212

There was a standard ATR that made 171whp, with 19% losses makes 212bhp fly - bang on the money.

For a DC5 to make 190whp would be 235bhp fly - perfectly possible but from a high state of tune.

As another example Marts standard DC5 made 178whp, with 19% losses 178wheel = 220fly - again bang on the money.

raz786

Advanced Member
Thats whatt I was thinking little legs, i wouldn't expect a standard Teg to actually make 190 WHP, must be due to differents RR's

Little Legs

raz786 said:
Thats whatt I was thinking little legs, i wouldn't expect a standard Teg to actually make 190 WHP, must be due to differents RR's

Sadly no two RR's are the same, the best advice is find a good one and stick with it as a reference to see if mods give improvments etc

What is always handy is when standard cars turn up then they can be used as a 'gauge' to measure other cars against.