Earthing kits?

Chris-141

Advanced Member
Does anyone even use these anymore? What exactly is the point in them?

My dc5 has a splitfire one and I'm going to be taking it out this week so trying to work out what they are worth and if it's even worth sticking up fr sale

Thanks

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Mine came over with one, rewired it red so it looks better / not messy but yeah...doesn't really do anything.lol No loss to me if it comes off, and no I wouldn't spend the money buying one. ;)

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Mine had one aswell, I disconnected it all a while ago now and it hasnt affected the way the car runs. Think they are more for looks than anything else.

anton1234

Advanced Member
the earthing kit is designed to earth all the major points on the car chassis and engine, the idea of them are to bring down the electrical resistance between any body parts welded/bolted together.

On a new car i don't think you will see any benefits, however on an older car where corrosion/rust takes its place on the chassis the resitance becomes higher back to the negative on battery
So the electrical components don't work as effeiciently as possibly, some benefits I have personally noticed are headlights are a bit brighter and also I now get 2-3 mpg more with normal driving.

I made my own for around £20 so a worth while mod for the money, I only put it on as I like the look of the kit and I was not expecting any benifits but I did notice the above

HTH
Anton

Chris-141

Advanced Member
Thanks guys! I think ill just strip it off anyway as it's making the bay look very cluttered