Ebay Headlights

TyperItr

Advanced Member
So my headlights are shot. The passenger ballast keeps blowing from water going down into it from inside the lens. My drivers side light is just very yellow.

Has anybody used this set of light before?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Integra-DC5-Black-Halo-LED-Projector-Headlights-/380910277356?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58b00592ec

They are cheap and if they work with the OEM ballast and bulbes and stuff I cant see any issue with them. The only thing i am thinking the lights may be focused to the wrong side of the road as they are US lights. Anyway if anybody has a set of these or used them let me know how you got on.

Any opinions or facts on these welcome also. They will do for half the price of the genuine honda.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I was just going to say that it says it posts from USA so it could have the incorrect beam pattern etc. I don't think they are going to be HID either. Those projector style lights are usually halogens, think thats what the RSX's run standard so hence why they are compatible with their standard lamps etc. Doubt our JDM units will plug N play so to speak.

My personal view is although they are half the price of honda, if you don't like them or they are useless then your going to be spending more in getting a replacement set of OEM. I understand about the money being an issue, but buy cheap, buy twice. Can't beat brand new Honda headlights mate, you know it makes sense to save and get some. Only another £150 to save. Haha

James

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I was re-looking at these not so long ago because I've always fancied a projector lens headlight but having looked at some old posts, not only do they face the wrong way but I read that the light output is appalling too.

I think it really is a case of buy new from Hendy (who I believe are regarded as cheapest) or pick up a better condition second hand set?

Either way I'd stick with Oem even if you do have to fork out a bit more. Besides, looking at what you've done to your car you seem to buy decent parts so I wouldn't skimp on headlights ;)

Rom

Advanced Member
Not a fan of those.

Plus all the things already mentioned. A new set of headlights can really set a car off too.

Im still unsure how standard look, being HID with no projector. If someone fits aftermarket HIDs to a car, the light police go crazy about beam patterns, light focus etc.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
They are not cheap. They are the same price as the OEM ones from Hendy performance. I would stick with them. They have them in stock too.

Rom

Advanced Member
Arent OE close to £300 a pair ?

Im sure someone at Japfest said they were a lot less, but ive since been corrected.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
They are on ebay for £350 the OEM honda ones from Hendy. I reckon Steels Honda may be cheaper?? If the ones for 150 work on our roads with the focus and were made for HIDs i may chance them. Otherwise I will see how much Steels want and decide from there. I sent the seller of them ebay ones a message asking about hid and focus.

I know you can heat up the lights to the point of melting the bond. Remove the lenses and swap them over. I have seen it done on the RSX forum.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Sorry. Didn't read the description. I thought it was £155 per light.

I have split my old lights in the oven before. It does work but it's very messy. Worth a try before you buy new though.

Erm

Advanced Member
I had a set of something very similar for a year or two. Back to oem now. If anyone wants to try them out before buying a new set from ebay you're welcome to them if you can collect from tottenham.

Edit to add pic of them on my car about 9 years ago

DC5RS

DC5
Dont buy, had a set and the beam was in the wrong direction, ended up detailing the previous OEM and discarded the fake ones.

Only use of the non OEM would be taking the outer plastic (which is the issue with most oem) and swap it with OEM. you will have the correct beam and brand new plastic outside. Profit?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Got a reply from the seller saying they wont work with the HID lights. So looks like they are out of the question, other than getting these to take the lens off them, them and replace the lens on my original ones, then seal them really well.

Lukemitchell

DC5RS said:
Dont buy, had a set and the beam was in the wrong direction, ended up detailing the previous OEM and discarded the fake ones.
Only use of the non OEM would be taking the outer plastic (which is the issue with most oem) and swap it with OEM. you will have the correct beam and brand new plastic outside. Profit?
A bit strange I know, but I am after some headlights that will fit my dc5 but with the wrong beam pattern as I am taking my car to Germany.
These headlights that are linked at the top fit okay ? And have opposite bean pattern ?
Cheers.

DC5RS

DC5
Lukemitchell said:
A bit strange I know, but I am after some headlights that will fit my dc5 but with the wrong beam pattern as I am taking my car to Germany.
These headlights that are linked at the top fit okay ? And have opposite bean pattern ?
Cheers.
The ones from US are 100% for LHD. And yes the fitting are pretty good I must admit.

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
I plan on buying these and splitting them, using the new lense with my original oem headlight units, should work well if the lenses match up perfectly and taking time to seal them properly.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
I bought some very similar ones, had them in about 8 months. I got mine with new ballasts and bulbs at 6000k. They have no kick off and are fully adjustable, hence they are legal as I passed my MOT no problems and kwikfit adjusted them. They look immense and I won't be going back to oem any time soon, but it's each to there own. I've also replace the rear lights and the car looks so much more modern and cleaner!