Ebay Timing Chain kit

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mine needs doing.

Is it going better with the new chain?

Do you notice less rattling from the engine?

Cheers.

SimonJames

Advanced Member
I changed chain tensioner and guides and it's going much better now no rattles at all and mine hadn't even thrown the eml light on

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Good to hear this as I'm looking to get mine done in September.
Anything else you've noticed that's changed? Smoother power delivery I'd imagine?

SimonJames

Advanced Member
Power is smooth right through rev range and vtec comes in strong, I am also getting 30-50 miles more from a full tank even though I tend to be driving it harder though weather has been warmer so could be part of it to

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
How come you had to change it Simon if you don't mind me asking?

Mine's stretched slightly and has been causing a bit of chain slap which has been checked and confirmed by Grinspeed.

Has been like this for a good year or so now as I don't have the funds at the moment to get it done but it still goes alright. I've not had an EML light come on either, not once.

Can't wait to get mine done mainly to get the engine a bit quiter, hopefully it will be smoother and nicer throughout the range too.

SimonJames

Advanced Member
Mine was coming up to 97k so decided to get it done, as a mechanic these jobs only cost me parts so not a huge bill, my eml hadn't come on in the 3 years/4k I've owned it, comparing new to old there was only half a link stretch but my tensioner could be pushed back in with my thumb so had got very weak.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Very similar to what's happened with mine, stretched half a link or so.

Not sure if the tensioner has weakened but I imagine it probably has, hoping to get it done soon.

Good to hear to that the car seems smoother throughout the rev range. I'm not expecting a massive difference in terms of power as it's pretty much standard but should be better once done.

Cheers pal.

Marc