EBC Unsure if YellowStuff Pads will fit rear brakes...

rotabeast

Hello All.

The rear pads need changing. I've used EBC before - Greenstuff for my Civic - and had nice results, so thought i'd go for them again.
Ordered up a set of Yellowstuff rear pads from EBC (Ensured that I had picked the correct car model on their site (Not UK Integra R) and thought, great a nice little pressie on its way to me...

I received the following emails today(including my responses also):

Them:

Hi

You have stated that you have Brembo calipers.

The part number ordered below is for rear brake calipers which are not Brembo calipers.

Your car may have Front brembo calipers fitted.

Please confirm?

Regards

EBC Brakes Direct Limited

Me:

Hi, front and rear brembo calipers. Do you not supply rear pads for brembo fit? Its a jap import dc5, with brembo calipers all around

Thanks

Them:

Are you able to take a digital photo of the rear calipers and email this to us please?

Regards

Me:

Hi

Here is the photo (http://i1191.photobu.../brembo_cal.gif)

Thanks

Them:

Hi

We are not sure if this is a Brembo caliper or if someone has stuck a Brembo sticker on "a.n.other" Japanese caliper!

EBC only list the DP41193R pad shape for both the Type R and Type S DC5 models.

Shape of DP41193R is here:

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/image.asp?image=DP41193R

Can you view your existing pads to confirm the pads we are sending are correct?

--------

Now.. my question is - sticker or no sticker!!??

They sure look real and brake like they are real, in need of new pads or not!

Can anyone refute or confirm what EBC are saying here?

Anyone with experience using these pads? Which code you used to order the pads with?

Sorry there's so many questions - but hopefully if anyone else encounters the same problem they'll have some reference and I can give EBC an answer too!

Thanks very much in advance! :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
The rear callipers are NOT brembos (it is an added sticker the sticker is not oem) . they are the EXACT same calliper as a civic, (except they are red).

the civic pads will fit fine.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
were they able to supply front pads for a dc5 then?
some companies get confused as the pad pattern for the brembo calipers is the same as a 350z nissan , the dc5 pads, are however thinner (14mm) than the 350z so beware. the 350z pad wont fit properly.

phozy888

Advanced Member
were they able to supply front pads for a dc5 then?
some companies get confused as the pad pattern for the brembo calipers is the same as a 350z nissan , the dc5 pads, are however thinner (14mm) than the 350z so beware. the 350z pad wont fit properly.
yep they do fitment for dc5, got a mate who has them with no issues.

rascal69

Advanced Member
Let me know what you think of these.
Some people I have spoke to said they prefer these over ds2500 pads as the produce less dust and bite better when cold?
Was just going to get ds2500 and now I don't know if I should give these a try.
Or just stick to what I know and that is ds2500 pads.
What setup you using? Standard or upgraded?
I plan to use grooved front and rear discs. Dot 4 fluid and braided brake lines.

rotabeast

Some people I have spoke to said they prefer these over ds2500 pads as the produce less dust and bite better when cold?
I plan to use grooved front and rear discs. Dot 4 fluid and braided brake lines.
Will do - I was thinking the same with the Ferodo pads for the front - but I've used EBC before and liked the results. The yellowstuff are a nice upgrade imo - have a few friends who've used them and are ranting about how great they are re stopping power - they're not driving DC5s mind you but nevertheless i'd like to try them.
I'm just on standard at the moment - so just upgrading slightly with the pads as they need changing anyway. Will probably stick some new discs on in a few months - but will be researching in the meantime. Dot 4 fluid in there at the moment - but standard brake lines - haven't tracked it yet, so don't see the need just at the moment - and I don't have the money!!! :p

I'll let you know anyway what they're like - I imagine they will be a nice improvement over OEM. :)

phozy888

Advanced Member
I driven a scooby WR1 and DC5 with these and they are very very good.. stops well and works from cold. I would recommend these.

rotabeast

The rear callipers are NOT brembos (it is an added sticker the sticker is not oem) . they are the EXACT same calliper as a civic, (except they are red).

the civic pads will fit fine.
I did a second check on those calipers - and the Brembo name and symbol is engraved into the part?