Eibach or Tein Coilovers?

The Mofo

Advanced Member
I think my standard dampers (with spoon springs) have reached the end of their life and I'm looking to replace them with coilovers. Our roads are awful over here on the island so I don't want rock hard suspension so I've been looking at the Eibach Pro coilovers and the Tein super streets.

I like the eibachs because I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about them on here but I also like the teins because I can buy the EDFC damper adjuster so I can control the damping.

What are people's view on either of them?

Also what's the deal with inverted tie rods? Would I need them with coilovers or would the standards suffice?

Phil

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I can't comment on the Teins as I've never owned a set but I currently have the Eibachs on my car.

An excellent fast road coilover. The spring rates and valving work very well with our roads (they ride bumps very well and are not 'crashy'). They are very nicely built, TUV approved etc.

IMO they are one of the best options for fast road and occassional track, so much so that I am leaning towards keeping mine after I change to aggressive track coilovers (should I want to tone down the car in the future).

eXceed

Resident Driver
blueguy said:
I can't comment on the Teins as I've never owned a set but I currently have the Eibachs on my car.

An excellent fast road coilover. The spring rates and valving work very well with our roads (they ride bumps very well and are not 'crashy'). They are very nicely built, TUV approved etc.

IMO they are one of the best options for fast road and occassional track, so much so that I am leaning towards keeping mine after I change to aggressive track coilovers (should I want to tone down the car in the future).
I would personally advise against TEIN coilovers if they are anything like mine, absolutely horrible on the roads near me and inspire absolutely no confidence at all. Crashy except on glass roads and whilst probably being very adjustable and good for tracks I can't advise them for fast road at all. Saying that mine may have expired and need revalving/servicing... I can't wait to change them!

EDIT - I have the TEIN superstreets!

firthy22

Advanced Member
Again, can only comment on the Eibach's. Would definitely recommend them, perfect ride height and great compromise between comfort and handling for fast road use. Had coilovers on other Hondas and would never use them again as they are far too harsh for our crap roads over here.