Eibach Or Tein Springs

Marpol

Advanced Member
Ive done a fair bit of searching on the above and read through lots of posts but just cant decide which to go for!

I like the drop on the Tein, they give the stance im after but what is the ride quality like compared to standard?

I believe the Eibach give a softer ride to standard which im not too bothered about (standard is fine for me) but they dont quite give the same stance as the Tein!

What are peoples thoughts?

firthy22

Advanced Member
I doubt you will find a definitive answer, as it's unlikely that anyone will have fitted both sets, usually one or the other.

All i can say is, that with our crap roads on the island, I wouldn't want anything harder than oem springs or anything lower than Eibach's. I have Eibach fitted and love the ride and handling they give, great compromise on roads that have usually been dug up many times and have more bumps and potholes than a building site.

My exhaust still catches on the odd speed bump with Eibach's, I hate to thing what would happen if my car was any lower. So it will depend on the roads and speedbumps in your area, if Tein's are lower than Eibach's you might have problems over speedbumps.

Marpol

Advanced Member
I realise I probably wont get a definitive answer, just after opinions from people who have fitted either of these springs so i can make a decision.

To be honest the roads round here are rubbish and the place is cluttered with speed bumps so on that basis the Eibach would probably be the way to go!

Would be nice to find out what the ride quality on the Tein is like though, Im happy with the standard ride quality but wouldnt want to go much harder.

eXceed

Resident Driver
I have tein coilovers and I'm assuming they use tein springs. In which case they're pretty decent. I personally don't rate anything by TEIN or Eibach (especially Eibach) and would much prefer looking at something less mainstream and a bit more focused.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
eibach springs will be the best quality as they actually make springs themselves unlike tein who buy them in, they also have a lifetime warranty

i have used eibach springs and coilovers which then went to kingston and are still on his car, they were superb, very well made and great ride. and would be my choice again for a road car.

mikegsi

Staff member
spoon progressives - just to throw another option in :-" :-" :lol:

my preferred choice by a country mile

firthy22

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:

Have you driven on Eibach's and Tein's to compare them ??

dotty

Advanced Member
I have had both Spoon and Eibachs, they are more or less the same bit of kit.

I have heard Tein springs can be noisy, I run Eibachs now and have no issues. ;)

Marpol

Advanced Member
Think im being swayed by the Eibach especially when you compare prices (taken form 8-speeds website)

Eibach - £140
Tein - £210
Spoon - £252

If I buy the Eibach it gives me some spare cash to go towards camber bolts, rear camber arms and a fast road setup! :D

Marpol

Advanced Member
webbie said:
are they 2 types of eibach springs ? which are which ? is one lower than the other
Theres the Pro-kit which I believe most people have and the sportline (think this one is much lower)

EDIT: Yep sportline Lowers by: Front: 45-50 mm / Rear: 30 mm

Grov

Banned
I did have Teins on, now have eibach's. Teins were very harsh and very noisy for me. The eibach's are a lot softer, and not crashy. The teins are good on nice smooth tarmac, but out roads just aren't good enough, i wouldn't reccomend them for road use.

The eibach's are supposed to be 25mm and the teins 35 or 38mm, but there is very little difference when on the car, if you put the springs togther, you will see what i mean, you won't notice it on the car. I was hoping the eibach's would raise the car a tad, so the mid pipe would easily clear bumps, but it hasn't.

mikegsi

Staff member
firthy22 said:
mikegsi said:

Been in cars with both Tein and Eibach, pretty sure dc5-2ltr changed from one of those to spoon ones comparing with the spoons I had

west

Advanced Member
I've just fitted a set of H&R springs to mine, supposed to be some of the best springs you can get, look exactly like the Eibach's i had on my EP3, maybe they are made in the same factory? I was worried they would be too low but i think they are perfect.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
mikegsi said:
firthy22 said:
mikegsi said:

Been in cars with both Tein and Eibach, pretty sure dc5-2ltr changed from one of those to spoon ones comparing with the spoons I had
Yes I changed from Eibachs to Spoon Progs after being in Mikes `Teg...other than a bit of corrosion creeping in,the Spoons have suited me fine... not quite as harsh as the Eibachs..HTH

jay82

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:

i remember reading on this forum the eibach made the spoon springs :-k
but could be wrong :lol:
but agree 100% on the spoon springs

mikegsi

Staff member
jay82 said:
mikegsi said:

i remember reading on this forum the eibach made the spoon springs :-k
but could be wrong :lol:
but agree 100% on the spoon springs

i think you maybe right there mate :xlol:

MeisterR

If you are talking about the quality of a lowering springs, I would say Eibach would be the best in the world.
They are only manufacturer that really have the material, the QC, and the experience in creating a good lowering springs with well thought out progressive springs rate.

The only downside ever with Eibach is something they may not give you the looking you are looking for (not low enough or uneven ride height), but the car always drive "right" when you throw a set of Eibach at a car. :)

There are many company that give their own specification to Eibach to have their springs manufactured because they are more experienced in a certain market or the Eibach springs are not good enough for their need (often because the Pro-Kit is not low enough).
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Spoon springs are made by Eibach; and that can only be a good thing.