Eibach Pro kit or Sportlines?

jayo656

Advanced Member
Which do people prefer and any reasons why one and not the other?

Struggling to decide which one to go for, currently have spoon springs but looking for more of a drop.

Any pictures would be greatly apprieciated!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
All you will achieve is uneven rake and regret after swapping. Lol

In all seriousness eibachs are good springs, comfortable more than a tight drive. But you will make the car sit higher at the front than the rear with both sets...and if you go for the sportlines (red ones) it will be alot lower than the spoons on the rear. It actually looks broken in my opinion.

I found the spoons to be the perfect drop really, if you want abot more of a controllable drop then maybe consider some coilovers to get the height you require.

Altecians

Advanced Member
Anyone have the part number for the Pro-kit?

Will there be a variance for Facelifts or RSX?

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
I had the Spoons and after that the Pro Kit.
I will definitely choose Spoons over the Pro Kit. Otherwise you regret it (like me).
The car looks of with the Pro Kit, the combination between Pro Kit and Sportline looks better.
But the handling is way better with the Spoons.

My next step will be the Mugen coilovers, but they are a bit hard to find :(

jayo656

Advanced Member
Thanks for all the input guys, i will have to have a proper think about it before anything.

Heres how she is at the moment:-

Fez

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
That looks really high for Spoons on the rear? Have they been on long? Settled etc?
Thats how mine sat with a stripped rear interior on Spoons.

jayo656

Advanced Member
The springs have been on for almost a year so has definitely been settled in. Yeh its the rear thats making me want to change springs! Would it be a good idea just to replace the rears with the eibachs and leave the front spoons on?

muffinman

Advanced Member
Cant comment on comparisons to spoon springs but i have pro kits and they are fantastic on the road! And the reverse rake isnt really noticable

p1tse

Advanced Member
Yes, I believe pro kit rear and sportline front; mark_teg posted above was the previous owner who fitted them :)

Nearly owned for two years, which has gone really quick.
In previous car ownerships, then I've only average a couple but this is going no where.

Mullyace

Advanced Member
I've got the sportline ones fitted and would definitely not recommend them.

The car drives absolutely fine with them and the ride is fine, but the way it sits as someone else has said makes it look broke. The front sits higher than the back and the car does sit to low. The b pipe scrapes on everything.

I would almost garuntee that if you get the sportline's you will regret it.

RichA

Advanced Member
I would say the spoon springs look the best but are noticibly firmer than the pro kit springs so suffer on bumpier roads but on a smooth road/ track they perform better than the eibachs. I'd save up if I were you and get some kw/eibach/Bilstein Coilovers, they will be more comfortable than stock, ride height can be fine tuned and they can be adjusted to be made stiffer when you want to.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
I currently have skunk2 springs on mine. They give a fairly large drop. Something like 2.5" front and 2" rear from standard.
As I use mine all year round for all kinds of journeys, I'm actually hoping for some spoon rear springs to pop up at somepoint as when I start loading up the boot/get people in the back, it gets low!

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk