Eibach Pro kit or Sportlines?

Altecians

Advanced Member
Altecians said:
Anyone have the part number for the Pro-kit?

Will there be a variance for Facelifts or RSX?
Since so many have the Pro-kit, could anyone chime in on the part number ? PFL specifically.

jayo656

Advanced Member
adm87 said:
I currently have skunk2 springs on mine. They give a fairly large drop. Something like 2.5" front and 2" rear from standard.
As I use mine all year round for all kinds of journeys, I'm actually hoping for some spoon rear springs to pop up at somepoint as when I start loading up the boot/get people in the back, it gets low!

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
Thats a lovely drop! Are you running better struts or oem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamamuk

Advanced Member
jayo656 said:
Thats a lovely drop! Are you running better struts or oem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's oem shocks all round mate

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

BataLeon

Advanced Member
I'm going to go back in time on this thread, two years old!

So how did some of you get separate sportline front and pro rear springs?

Mark_teg

Staff member
BataLeon said:
I'm going to go back in time on this thread, two years old!

So how did some of you get separate sportline front and pro rear springs?
Bought two sets of springs.. expensive yes, but it was over a long period of time and the combination of comfort, handling and ride height is perfect IMO :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Just go spoon springs on mugen showa shocks and job done, perfect stance, great feel, perfect height all first time round :)

BataLeon

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Just go spoon springs on mugen showa shocks and job done, perfect stance, great feel, perfect height all first time round :)
So these? https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/222715468314?chn=ps&dispctrl=0&adgroupid=49522826281&rlsatarget=pla-572358399032&abcId=1128966&adtype=pla&merchantid=6995734&poi=&googleloc=1006886&device=c&campaignid=857333700&crdt=0

Where can you get the mugen showa shocks? can you run the Spoon springs on standard shocks or is that just a waste of time?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
BataLeon said:
Yeah, you can buy the Mugen Showa shocks new but they're about £800+ if you scour some pages on Facebook you can get a set for £350. The spoon springs are fine on OEM shocks but the Mugen's stiffen things up a bit.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

BataLeon

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
Yeah, you can buy the Mugen Showa shocks new but they're about £800+ if you scour some pages on Facebook you can get a set for £350. The spoon springs are fine on OEM shocks but the Mugen's stiffen things up a bit.

I don't want things too stiff at the moment, so the springs might be fine for the moment.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
BataLeon said:
I don't want things too stiff at the moment, so the springs might be fine for the moment.
Spoon springs give a much better stance than the Eibachs, they're worth the extra money.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
The Mugen and spoon setup is not stiff as such it's just right, perfect height/stance and a great feel for the road imo

Pm'd you (before buying anything if you'd reasonably local you can have a go in my car to see how it feels before the bilstein's go on).

You can put Spoon springs on OEM shocks, will sit a bit higher than mine does (see my build threat for it's current stands), the total drop on showa shocks and spoon springs is 40mm whereas the spoon springs alone reduce ride height by approximately 25mm, the showa's do an additional 15mm.

The spoon springs rates are as below:

•Spring rate – FRONT: 7.4 (2.8-4.6) kg / mm
•Spring rate – REAR: 8.2 (3.0-8.0) kg / mm

and I paid more than the ones you linked too and they have only covered 1800 miles since being fitted to my car - https://torque-gt.co.uk/product/spoon-progressive-lowering-spring-dc5/

They are great but for the best stance ideally you'd want the combo mentioned for the best stance and setup all-round imo.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
There seems to be a bit of an obsession on this forum with rear rake with the Eibach kit. I had it fitted for about 18 months on my first DC5 and I never once noticed it in real life. It's only in the past few years on here that it's constantly brought up that started to slightly notice it, and even then it's because I was looking for it in photos.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
There seems to be a bit of an obsession on this forum with rear rake with the Eibach kit. I had it fitted for about 18 months on my first DC5 and I never once noticed it in real life. It's only in the past few years on here that it's constantly brought up that started to slightly notice it, and even then it's because I was looking for it in photos.
Depends how important fitment is to you? I know if I had Eibachs on mine it would annoy the crap out of me.