Eibach springs

g-zone

Advanced Member
Well after tracking my DC5 for the first time, I've realised the stock springs are rubbish and am need of something stiffer. Having been a passenger in Duncs and Wootty's DC5 with Spoon springs, I have to say I like to handling of them.

But, what I'd like to know is how the Eibachs compare with the spoons. Who's had them on for a while and been on the track with them. What did you think. I understand the Eibachs don't lower as much, so this must be kinder on the shocks and less need for camber adjustments right???

Opinions on Eibachs only please, I know what the spoons are like.

Cheers.

dan the man

Advanced Member
appology before i start(u did say no spoons) but what about tanabe's?

I have them and really think they are good, v good.
£150 all in excellent value too... someone had eibachs and swapped for tanabes and was more happy with how they were..(cant remember who tho... :? )

just my 2p... :wink:

Wootty

Advanced Member
I was well surprised how much adifference the spoons made.

I have not been a real fan of them on the road and think they are a bit too soft untill you push them. But on the track they were excellent. g-zone was gettig squirming under breaking and a definate ar5e end twitch out. Plus he could net get through the small right/left chicane they had on the track as well as we could.

So which ever way you go - you know its going to be for the better :D

g-zone

Advanced Member
So Dan, did you get camber adjusters fitted when you got the springs? Also, did you fit them yourself or get them done somewhere. Did tokyo-express have them in stock or did you have to wait a while?

I'm probably going to go to Tom at TGM despite the distance, seems worth it if he'll do it properly.

dan the man

Advanced Member
For now ive just had the springs fitted at a local garage for £100+vat.
Need to get it tracked and MAYBE have camber adusters etc...

not too bothered about my tires wearing bad as cant wait to get new ones anyway, but it feels good and pulls straight etc..so its ok for now.

Duncan had them in stock and were delivered nice and quickly,top bloke. talk all day about tuning and whats this and that.

eventually ill go system R for a full tracking check etc... but saving money for now.

Also i never cut the bump stops, just thought id see how it is and on big humps and jumps im sure they touch as hear them 'slam' i think..... so maybe they do need trimming like it says with the spring info sheet.

dan

neolee40

Advanced Member
i have Eibach springs on my baby and they kick ass.... softer ride but when driven hard give you the stiffness you want :). only £150 as well

dan the man

Advanced Member
didnt know u had eibachs lad

we should have drove each others cars when u were up other week

DER! :x :x :x

redcap

Advanced Member
Anyone know if the Eibach's from a CTR will fit a DC5? Probably not if the drop stated further up is correct :oops: sorry don't know much about the DC5 yet. :lol:

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
neolee40 said:
i have Eibach springs on my baby and they kick ass.... softer ride but when driven hard give you the stiffness you want :). only £150 as well
any idea how much the eibachs lower by :?:

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
I think eibach's feel very simular to the OEM items. Ideal for every day use, spoons poss may get a bit hard if you do alot of miles.
Dunx

g-zone

Advanced Member
Hmmm, the concensus seems to be, that they're a bit soft then. Looks like it might be between the Spoons and the Tanabes then. The tanabes seem to be a bit of an unknown quantity at the moment though.