Eibach springs

skerr406

Advanced Member
Looking into getting a set of eibach springs for my car, seen eibach springs on eightspeed asni wanna drop the height of the car just slightly, is this a good thing to go for as my mate is trying to tell me its a stupid idea and to get coilover kits instead but they are at least £800!!

Advice please, or is my mate on glue?

Stoo

Whining.....
Have a look around the forum

You will see the number of people running springs and FRSU far outweighs those running coilovers.....

skerr406

Advanced Member
Sorry guys i know its all over the forum but i just couldnt find the answer i was after so had to ask lol can you explain why there better so i can put my mate in his place becuase iv no answer! I tried to explain just about all teteg forum has it but its not enough aparantly!

Rob R

Advanced Member
Springs with a Fast Road Set Up by say TGM or Eight-Speed will have the most efficient camber and toe set up and give you the best levels of grip, turn in etc.

If you fit coilovers and get no allignment done then you're camber and toe will be all over the shop. Admitedly when setup a decent set of coilovers will out perform springs, especialy those that are rebound and damping adjustable as you can set them up for the situation, but unless you do alot of track time I really don't see the need for them?

skerr406

Advanced Member
further from the equipment has anyone got a pic of there car lowered with eibach springs so i can show why i want them added.

dc5ian

Advanced Member
word of advice, dont bother upgrading your suspension with coilovers unless you plan to spend big - a 800 quid set is not going to be any better then standard dampers and springs. the most important thing is getting them set up correctly and would recommend fast road set up, so you will also need to buy camber arms and bolts -you can pick these up pretty cheap

skerr406

Advanced Member
Yeah i sEen the coilovers was extortion!!, camber n bolts can be bought say eightspeed right? I havent looked as im off to work but im planning on them setting up my gear as there much closer to home than tgm lol edinburgh to tgm is a bit of a drive

Rob R

Advanced Member
Anywhere that can do alignment can do it for you, branches of sts tyre pros for example. You just have to tell them the camber and toe settings you want it adjusted to.

Rob R

Advanced Member
Yes mate that's right.

I'm getting mine done in a few hours. I'll post up what settings I have done.

This is my mates on Eibach springs

ashdelsol7

Advanced Member
my old dc5 had eibach pro springs with a fast road setup, it was prob the best setup i have driven, ride quality was very good for commuting aswell, defo recommend this setup xthumbup

skerr406

Advanced Member
Photo looks good and alot of positive feedback about this, think im goin for this, let me
Know how you get on dude

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Rob R said:
Yes mate that's right.

I'm getting mine done in a few hours. I'll post up what settings I have done.

This is my mates on Eibach springs

Thanks rob for nicking my pic :xtsk: lol