Eibach Vs Spoon

The Mofo

Advanced Member
I think my dampers are on the way out and I'm thinking of taking the opportunity to upgrade.

The first thing you all need to know are that the roads on the Isle of Man are awful. By awful I mean imagine driving on your worst B roads but having to drive them all the time. For that reason I will be doing a straight swap with new OEM dampers.

But what about the springs? Which of the two ride better and can handle day to day driving better? I've read on here that they are both good for the performance aspect but is ride quality sacrificed?

All opinions are welcome.

Phil

benny

Advanced Member
got spoon progressive on mine, and there absolutly fine, and i bet the roads in blackpool are worse! no clunking or bangin, just a nice smooth ride!

The Mofo

Advanced Member
cheers Dazza, will I need to do anything with the camber? Although the garage I take it to is very good I'm sure they won't know any of the correct geo settings.

Evs

Advanced Member
It's likely you'll need camber adjustment front and rear if you lower it and want a proper setup. This has been covered a few times now so try a search fella :)

gaz3434

Advanced Member
I thought the roads were meant to be quite good on IoM since the TT races are held there?! Surely they wouldn't have the races there if the quality of the road surface wasn't up to scratch?

The Mofo

Advanced Member
THe only road in the island that is kept in semi good knick the the TT course, even still there are some dodgy areas.

benny

Advanced Member
when paul put mine on he said i may not need it adjusting, and it wouldnt make any difference to the handling, and if i got any uneven wear to go back and have it done, 6 month later got no wear on tyres, guess i have been lucky? but its not that nessacary for camber adjustment?

Evs

Advanced Member
Thanks for letting us know - that's cheaper than I expected for the OEM parts tbh 8)