• 97 ek9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2002 ep3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

webbie

Advanced Member
hiya
im on the verge of buying another car to replace my teg after selling it to do my house up

Options are

97 ek9 from andy 200bhp cars

or a

2002 nighthalk black ep3

both similar money 7k but I just cant decide

I do love the ek9s but there like a 10 year old car the ep3s seem a bargain now and the have a much more modern interia and newer on a 2002

but there so common :?

Andeh82

I'd go for an EK9 too.

I guess the real questions are how many miles will you be doing and how do you value comfort and practicality.

keevster

Advanced Member
Depends on the mileage of both cars :?:

I'd probably be more inclined to say EK9, but as i said, mileage, history would all come into it??

Paul :wink:

webbie

Advanced Member
this is the civic
on a 52 reg 48000 miles its mint I know the lad who owns it polishes it every week and only uses it as a second car

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Problem with the EK9 is that it is a highly strung motor...

Thus to get a good one, your be very lucky.. needing to spend a lot of money on one or spending money to put them right...

A friend of mine.. knows the history of every EK9 in the UK... only 4 or 5 of them have not had some sort of past history....

If it was me.... I would look for a lowish mileage DC2, but avoid early JDM versions post 1998, otherwise your have the expense of a good brake upgrade to play with..

Mike

G4Z

I get the feeling you quite like the EP3(tell me if im wrong :lol: ), if so get it. You don't see many black ones around :) And don't worry about the fact there common. Why do you think that is? Performance bargain,all round ability 8) If you know the owner too thats a big possitive :)

chunman81

Advanced Member
i personally would choose the ep3. cheaper to run and not that much difference in terms of handling.

mikegsi

Staff member
ep3 im afraid, sacrilage you may cry, but in terms of every day use and what your actually getting for you hard earned the ep3 is the better option, though it will loose money quicker than the ek9

webbie

Advanced Member
I so cant decide i like both my only worry with the eks is now they dont need a sva on the 97ones is the market going to be flooded with them sending the
prices dropping

Evs

Advanced Member
Mike (K) makes a very good point above about buying carefully with EK9s, and also about the DC2 option - it's well worth thinking about that as the DC2 is (imho) a better car for less money xthumbup

Which is best for you depends on what sort of mileage you're going to be doing - do you want a fun thrashbox for weekends, or something more refined for lots of mileage?

I wouldn't worry about over-supply of EK9s tbh, from what I gather they are well sought after in Japan and not about to flood the market here. I personally think they're over-priced here but that just reflects the cost of importing them.

keevster

Advanced Member
7k for a 52plate with under 50k is a bargain i would think, and even better if you know its been taken care off. Knowing the history of a car is a bonus in my eyes :wink:

As mentioned, DC2, good ones can be picked up for that price.

The CTR is obviously newer than an EK9 is going to be, and at 7k you cant go wrong in my eyes, you should also not loose too much on the CTR over the next year or two either, especially if you aint gona put big miles on it

Paul :wink:

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Hi webbie, plenty of fair comments on here but ultimately it is up to you which you will go for.

Its a fair argument between the 98 spec DC2 and the EK9 both being soughtafter and collectable JDM hondas but i dont think you can make a comparision with these two cars and the UK EP3. The Uk EP3 is a excellent Honda all the same and a bargain now at 7K but as you say they are very common and TBH i dont think your gonna get that VTEC Buzz from the EP3 as much as you would from the EK9 or DC2 which in my opinion are more deserving of the Type R Badge heritage started by the NSX-R.

But the choice is your mate.
:wink:

M6DLY

Advanced Member
one of my friends has just been through the same decision...

He went with the EP3... and loves it!

B16 is Raw and very tunable tho!