ek9 owner dropping into say high

fon

hello fellow type r brothers and sisters

the guys on the dc2 forum put me this way
my brothers looking to by a champ white dc5 after seeing park in a car park in endfield town (not any one on here by any chance) me my self still looking to see my first dc5 in the flesh come thing about it ive not seen another ek9 in the flesh
:wink: love the xmas smillies :roll:

cheers fon

fon

truffs said:
hello, excuse the stupidity, whats a ek9 and do you have any pics of one??
ek9 is the old shape civic type r only a 1.6 but kicks out 185 bhp
a total animal of a car

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Fon,

Nice car. I had a black one for a while. I really miss it. Handled like a dream. I felt it was begging for a 1.8 DC2 engine translplant to give it a bit more power and torque. Alternatively, the Spoon 1.8 stroker kit. At the time I was considering a JRSC for it until I spotted the DC5. I still want to get an old EK9 and do the 1.8 thing even now though.

Jon

fon

jonster said:
Hi Fon, Alternatively, the Spoon 1.8 stroker kit. At the time I was considering a JRSC for it until I spotted the DC5. I still want to get an old EK9 and do the 1.8 thing even now though.

Jon
yea i know what you mean , its something ive been thinking about doing my self , but its all about the pocket :roll:
its got a spoon n1 and b pipe + decat , spoon flywheel ,and a spoon spec trottle body. the mugan airbox is on the boat as we speak
so by the end of the month should have around the 200bhp mark if iam lucky
but i do have my eye on owning a dc5 at one point , its a stunning looking car and would look great parked next to my ek9 out side our house :wink:

jonster

Advanced Member
Looks like your EK9 is shaping up quite nicely with the mods you've done. I think a stroker kit would be the cheapest option. You would probably need a mappable ECU to make the most of what you've got and maybe some cam adjusters. I can understand that you would like a DC5 but I really consider the EK9 a very nice car too and still want to get another one some day.

fon

jonster said:
Looks like your EK9 is shaping up quite nicely with the mods you've done. I think a stroker kit would be the cheapest option. You would probably need a mappable ECU to make the most of what you've got and maybe some cam adjusters. I can understand that you would like a DC5 but I really consider the EK9 a very nice car too and still want to get another one some day.
from what ive found out the stroker kit will give the standard engine about 15bhp more and plenty more torque , and thats what that little screaming 1.6 could do with more of is torque
but the spoon exhaust and fly wheel have helped
was hoping to go down the hondata road some time next year (cpl racing is just down the road from me0 , but been advised to got a decent header before that , and that was coming from a guy whos very modified ek9 was pushing nearly 240bhp :shock:
cam adjusters something ive not considered before well worth a think about

as for owning a dc5 now , i will wait till my brother gets one and see how its drives and then may get one as a second car :wink: but tell tell my girlfriend ok she does not need to know :lol:

jonster

Advanced Member
I couldn't agree more. That 1.6 really does neet more torque. Same goes for the header. I don't know what's best for the EK9 but the Toda race header for the DC5 seems to be the best. I've regretted not getting one installed when I had my engine Hondata KPro mapped by Guy at CPL. When I do change my header I'll need to fork out for a day's tuning again. Doh!!! You're in good hands with Guy. He knows his stuff.

I'm wondering how I'm going to stealth purchase the Toda past the missus too. Good job she doesn't look at this forum :)

240BHP EK9!!! Sweeeeet!!

Jon