EK9 to DC5

aleex

Now, in april my plan is to sell up on the EK9 and venture for a DC5. Purely because ive always wanted one and i fancy something a bit more modern..

However 2 things that have made me think, I took my Civic on track for the first time ever on Saturday and wow is all i can say, handled amazingly, the b series rawness around the track was also awesome.

and number 2 the look of my ek9, its stand out alot and very rare (well down here anyway). Pics below for anyone interested :D

So, question, what are dc5's like round a track ? how easily/ does it cost for the handling to be improved? coilovers ? what are the standard ARB's like ? I know the dc5's are punchier.

So if you were in my position... what would you do ? do you think id enjoy the dc5 more ?? :xwavey: answers on a postcard please.

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Had both.

On track ek9 is more fun to drive IMO handle better? Hmm would say it feels easier to chuck in and more nimble.

But I would say out right grip and speed through a corner my dc5 handles better.

I tracked my ek9 a lot on standard suspension and tracked my dc5 on excrement lowering springs. Dc5 certainly has more more grip and effortlessly more speed. But it is kpro'd ;)

Dc5 is the faster car. Go test drive one. I still want to test a dc5 with oem springs as I have some in the garage ready to fit but don't want to risk the change from my skunk2 springs

aleex

cheers buddy , thanks for the reply.

yeh im planning to test drive one early next year :D the extra speed and bhp is also a big factor for me :D so you say dc5, thanks!

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Go for it. I had a yellow ek9 was rare as hell. Loved it on track. But day to day found it a pain. With the b16b it was great when havin a spirited drive bar that it was poo lol

Dc5 I get a lot better mpg even when on track haha

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Www.youtube.com/stevevtsftw not the best of drivers but have videos of my ek9 and dc5 at the ring. Something to compare them ;)

Ek9 I was killing the life out of it with r888s. Dc5 was on re070 and a lot more restrained driving lol