Electric Folding Wing Mirror

Coupe Rob

Advanced Member
Since owning my DC5 i have never been able to get the electric folding wing mirrors to work.

The adjustment of the mirror glass works fine, no problems.

I have checked the fuses and all seem ok.

Is it possible that the button is faulty? If so where can i obtain a replacement.

JohnnyC

The button is the first thing I'd check. If you're handy with a multimeter you can check that A) the switch receives power, and B) that there's power coming from the switch when the button is pressed.

If that's all fine then I guess (as I don't have a DC5) that there's a control unit for the folding mirrors. Not quite sure how you'd check this really unless you've got a spare one!

Could be the wiring in the door loom. But I doubt this as you've got both mirrors not working, and even the oldest DC5 is fairly new.

Could be a previous owner has fitted non-folding mirrors to your car?

danny100

Advanced Member
yes, johnnyc i totally agreed.. i think there're more than likely:-
1. faulty switch if the car is c-pack
2. 2nd hand mirror put in B4 sale..( instead of leaving the exotic mirror with the car :lol: )...personal opinion
However i m sure u ll get to the bottom of it soon, good luck

let us know once u crack it, Regard danny :)

jay82

Advanced Member
check is everything wired up, when i got the starter button fitted they never reconnected the plug for the mirrors, and from memory i think theres two, but could be wrong

qamvti

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
check is everything wired up, when i got the starter button fitted they never reconnected the plug for the mirrors, and from memory i think theres two, but could be wrong
They is only one as I fitted c pack mirrors to a non c pack also no separate control unit it all works with the button, it is most likely the button. Give us a pm or your number if you still have problems.
Kammy