EML and Codes

ND1989

Evening all,

Interesting, or not, one here.

Last week after hitting a rather large patch of standing water my EML came on. The codes it is throwing are P1166 + P1167 which points to the primary o2 sensor and its heater circuit.

Fine

Now the crux of the issue. I have a o2 Sensor which if I recall was from an EP3, now I think a Dc5 primary o2 sensor is wideband Vs the Narrowband of the EP3.

I get the difference between the two. Now for the question. I know a wideband sensor would be best and I will endeavour to get one asap but would the narrowband from the EP3 a) fit b) shut off the eml with a fault clear and c) cause the engine any harm?

Thanks all.

ND1989

Ok. so what I have learned is that no an EP3 sensor will not work, why? as it is narrowband compared to the DC5 wideband sensor. I have sourced a new sensor from jap service parts. It is a denso sensor with the same part number as the one on my car, how do I know? because I crawled my ass under it and looked. this should solve the problem. It is genuinely a common problem not only with Tegs but with Civics as well. Ah well now I know.

Keep you all updated.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I bought my replacement from map service and it is a proper denso. Has been working fine for the past 6 months.