EML on after hitting drainhole

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
So this lunchtime, I took my colleague to Halfords to pick up some engine oil and bulbs for his Mini... Driving in the car park around 15-20mph, I went over a hole or something, probably a drain thing on the floor which I didnt really notice about until I hit it.. Felt like a pothole but not a deep one but still.. Car drove fine for the next few seconds as I went to find and reversed into a parking space.. Went into halfords and did the usual shopping thing and left.. As soon as I started the teg back up, my EML came on.. Not sure what code it through up as I reset it and it hasn't come back on after a 15 mins drive... Exhaust sounds louder though like its blowing or something.. Any one know what I might've damaged? Or anyone had any similar problems?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
It could just be a coincidence, or something got a quick jolt, if it does not come back on I don't think there would be anything to worry about.

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Had the car on a ramp this morning.. Manifold and exhaust checks ok but subframe took a hit.. Car was on whilst up on the ramp and there were some noise from under engine.. Been advised to get that checked.. :( also been told there's a chance I might've broken an engine mount

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
tico_87 said:
Thats your own fault for being low and slow haha
You seen my teg, its not that low.. Got at least 2" clearance from the ground for the 3" pipe..