EML On with Toda Mani, How to clear

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
kpro is the only way really, it is likely you will be running lean, especially if you have an induction kit fitted, so need to sort fuelling anyway.
lambda sensor will have thrown the fault code as there is no longer a cat fitted.

tomlin

Advanced Member
evo7 how lean will it be running badly or just alittle will it effect anything looking at k poo asap but none for facelift

Armenomania

Advanced Member
guys, im getting toda header in 2 weeks... will i face this trouble also? the link posted for a cheap solution has no result... please help!

LeeH

Advanced Member
The link still works and yes, you will face the same problems.

You will most probably be running lean but get it on a dyno and get it checked.

Armenomania

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
The link still works and yes, you will face the same problems.

You will most probably be running lean but get it on a dyno and get it checked.
You mean that the air/fuel ratio is off and the car gets more air than fuel? will the "cheap solution" as you said stop this forever, or is it just a short term help?

LeeH

Advanced Member
No, the ebay item will only take your light off.

And you need to get the AFR checked due to the ECU having a finite amount of adjustment.

This has to be done under load.

Armenomania

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
No, the ebay item will only take your light off.

And you need to get the AFR checked due to the ECU having a finite amount of adjustment.

This has to be done under load.
In other words i will need an aftermarket ECU?

LeeH

Advanced Member
Yes and for 2 reason.

1. It will be safe

2. Bolt on mods make no noticeable gains without one, just noise.

tomlin

Advanced Member
right just to say it is not this manifold casue the eml light to show black teg can confirm this also

tomlin

Advanced Member
correct leeh thats what the fault code is, do i need to buy a new one from honda,

been reading into it and it says the 2nd one goes all the time

LeeH

Advanced Member
The 2nd lamda is looking for clean (relatively) clean gas. But with no CAT it will flag up this fault.

You have 4 options.

1. Live with it.
2. Try a spacer (ebay link)
3. O2 simulator (Call Unit 8)
4. KPRO/K100 or equivalent like Unichip Q.

Lee

VT-Doo

RushDoo
When the CAT is either removed or not working as Honda intended the EML will come on.
The second O2 Sensor (after the CAT) does not affect the air/fuel ratio of the car. All it does is turn on the EML. This is why it is so cheap to fix via the help of ebay.

black teg

tomlin said:
correct leeh thats what the fault code is, do i need to buy a new one from honda,

id just like to add that my teg had a toda Manifold fitted and it was not running lean at all on the oem ecu... i had the fueling ratio checked on the rolling road for peace of mind
and never had any issues with EML displayed on the dash :xconfused: ... i had a kpro fitted and mapped a few months later..

qamvti

Advanced Member
black teg said:
tomlin said:

id just like to add that my teg had a toda Manifold fitted and it was not running lean at all on the oem ecu... i had the fueling ratio checked on the rolling road for peace of mind
and never had any issues with EML displayed on the dash :xconfused: ... i had a kpro fitted and mapped a few months later..
As above car runs fine
I have dc sports manifold light is on and the cheap ebay fix did not work for me. And about the car running lean what a load off crap had mine on the rollers with oem ecu and showed my car is running fine.
HTH

Armenomania

Advanced Member
qamvti said:
black teg said:
tomlin said:

As above car runs fine
I have dc sports manifold light is on and the cheap ebay fix did not work for me. And about the car running lean what a load off crap had mine on the rollers with oem ecu and showed my car is running fine.
HTH

As for the EML light. . . You have to check the diagnostics to know why the light is still on. The problem might not have anything to do with a cat bro. . .it might be something else.

qamvti

Advanced Member
If you taking about my car its defo the 02 sensor as got it checked twice as my mate works at Honda .