EML with no codes?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Popping to the shop the other day and EML fired and limp mode kicked in.

Ran my reader on it and no codes stored. Kmanager also had no codes.

Car feels 100% normal. No splutters, coughs, not even a hiccup.

Today, it came on with engine start. Same story, no codes. Rebooted, and all good.

Any clues? Hate being in the dark, hate intermittent problems!

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
i got the same problem.. took it back to the garage that remapped my car and they cant figure it out too..

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
JDMFresh said:
While light is on check code.. it probably clears when engine goes off
i've tried that too.. says 1 code, then when i go into read code, it says no code stored..

when i clear the code using the reader, it comes back on immediately but same thing, cant read it etc.

switch it off and back on, then it's all fine

Fez

Advanced Member
I had same with my old hondata s300, emp on, no codes, but when i did the paperclip/flash test it just constantly flashed, turned out my ecu was fu*ked. Bought a new one in the end.

Brecht

Advanced Member
have it too sometimes , code is low voltage daughterboard if you have an aftermarket ecu.. kpro is what i have.
Shutting the car of and starting it again always fixes it, don't know the reason why it does it.
if you connect the kmanager and read the codes while the car is running you can see it , when you shut it off the code dissapears

Liam

Advanced Member
I would say it's a faulty ECU - we also had limp mode and EML but no fault codes when we removed a K100 from a PRA ECU in an attempt to revert it back to standard. Turns out the ECUs are modified to such a degree to fit a K100 that you can't actually remove them.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
It's not reappeared since.

Brecht actually makes sense too, as my battery is shocking :)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

redcap

Advanced Member
I have had this problem too, the car keeps going in to limp mode and EML comes on.

The code I have had before is

P0118
Engine coolant temp
Circuit high input

Been to TGM and plugged in to see what error codes were there, none found, the coolant was then tested and is fine.

How to resolve the issue? Tom's best suggestion is to change the sensor. Anyone managed to cure it?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Mine seems to be related to battery charge. If it runs low then an error will likely pop up after a short run.

Keeping it charged now has cured it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk