Engine bay cleaner

Project

Advanced Member
Was just wondering what you guys use to clean your engine bays?
As mine is a joke :oops: and have no idea what to use

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Gave mine a little clean the other day using Gunk, AutoGlym Rubber Care and TCut Wax

Project

Advanced Member
Thanks guys, but treat me like a remedial child, these products, what do you use to get into those tricky places i.e rag, old toothbrush

bigfoot

i use a stiff bristled brush to work it in to dirty corners.

i use autoglym engine degreaser, rinse off then spray autoglym vinyl and rubber care on it.

half hour every month or two keeps it looking like new

not the best pic but

spo_gen

Advanced Member
As Dan will know, our engine bays were brand spanking new clean when we bought them. I've just kept on top of the cleaning.
Old chamois leather and water does the trick for mine. :)

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
spo_gen said:
As Dan will know, our engine bays were brand spanking new clean when we bought them. I've just kept on top of the cleaning.
Hey this is what i use how come its not clean like yours mate hahaha :oops: will try and get mine clean soon when i find time :wink:

Project

Advanced Member
I am a disgrace to the forum :oops: if you guys saw my bay, compared to these, right im gonna sort it out, thanks for the info xthumbup

Wardy7

Advanced Member
This is mine, there is more to do to give it a proper going over but I just gave it a bit of a clean the other day!

Cheers
Wardy

AdrianK

Advanced Member
I gave mine a bit of a go today, still looks crap on closer inspection tho.

Think i need to buy a decent brush for harder to reach places/stains any reccomendations?

hondafreek

Advanced Member
I drove past a garage the other day and this guy was power washing his Celica engine? The car was running. Anyone tried that?!

dan the man

Advanced Member
spo_gen said:
yeah mine is well overdue a good clean :oops:

fast_eddie

mmm-as with most 16valves, I expect the plugs are quite a way down the head on the DC5, with deep sockets-Watch out for water being directed at the top of the cam cover. I had a nasty experience with my 16v 309 that left me limping home on 2.5 cylinders as the plug sockets were full of water-looked VERY clean though :oops:
By the way---bit off topic but is the engine in the DC5 more central in the engine bay to that of the DC2--might be an illusion due to the pics, but just something that caught my eye?

kingston

Advanced Member
Project said:
I am a disgrace to the forum :oops: if you guys saw my bay, compared to these, right im gonna sort it out, thanks for the info xthumbup
its okay dude, it means we drive our cars rather than leave em standing :wink:

tedg

Advanced Member
did mine a while back with that bike cleaner - muk off. Engine top and some bits look good.

Recently i have been a muppit topping up the oil and getting it everywhere.

I did just get a bit of greese and go over some of the bolt tops, battery terminals - just so there is a thin layer of something.

shawnis

Would it be ok if I just went to the local drive in car wash and just used the high pressure soap and rinse hose? Sorry if this is a newb question I just got my type s.

dazza

Advanced Member
Erm :? probably not a good idea if you want your car to run again for a while, the high pressure will force water into places where you really don't want water.