Engine bay cleaning.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

What are Torque GT using to get the quality finish to their sale cars engine bay. There's a Silvia on Facebook and its under the hood bits are gleaming.

I always keep my engine and it's components clean but I dont get the finish that they do.

Help please.

Regards. Granty.

gaza4

Advanced Member
i usually use autoglym engine and machine cleaner to remove the heavy dirt on the likes of the strut towers and rocker covers.

scotch cloth is great for working on metal parts such as our intake mani. and autosol is a great metal polish i would use on various metal brackets and such.

on the the black plastics i use autoglym vinyl and rubber care. once the parts are clean, to really make them pop and shine again i use vinyl and rubber care spray it on quite liberally then close the bonnet and drive or let the engine run. the heat will to the rest. this works especially well on newer cars that have a lot of plastic covers.

I havent done much work on my dc5 yet, i need to get my rocker cover and a few other lil bits done first but heres two others i have done

heres my old ek engine bay

and an avensis i had too (good example of the vinyl rubber care process i described)

ChesterJSY

I would agree with gaza4 on his suggestion. I also use the autoglym clean machine, use a flexi toothbrush for those hard to reach areas, wash off and smother in autoglym vinyl and rubber care and leave to dry....

You can leave it as in for a wet look or rub lightly with a microfiber cloth for a matted finish

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Ive made a start and for a first time go I have to say Im well pleased. Got the Autoglym stuff, as advised. On offer today at Halfords Scarborough, three for two.

Im going to give it another go tomorrow.

Thanks and regards. Granty.

PS. Bonus. Had a nice chat with the guy at Halfords about Integra's, and with a bloke who spotted me cleaning the car outside the house.

gaza4

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

Ive made a start and for a first time go I have to say Im well pleased. Got the Autoglym stuff, as advised. On offer today at Halfords Scarborough, three for two.

Im going to give it another go tomorrow.

Thanks and regards. Granty.

PS. Bonus. Had a nice chat with the guy at Halfords about Integra's, and with a bloke who spotted me cleaning the car outside the house.
yeah halfords is great for the 3 for 2 cleaning, its about the only thing i set foot in there for!!!! :xgrin:

glad your getting good results!!!

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

What are Torque GT using to get the quality finish to their sale cars engine bay. There's a Silvia on Facebook and its under the hood bits are gleaming.

I always keep my engine and it's components clean but I dont get the finish that they do.

Help please.

Regards. Granty.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk