Engine bay does it look different?

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Hey guys bought a new engine IVTEC cover for the engine bay and doesn't seem like it fits right, so I've taken a photo here to see if anyone can tell me if theres differences in the engine bay mods e.c.t a friend of mine did say the mani doesn't look the standard one but he wasn't sure a while back, but never thought anything of it.

As i haven't seen another standard teg engine bay I'm not sure what I'm looking for :/

picture is in the link below, couldn't get the file size low enough to post

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2libxpz&s=5#.Uqx-QKV-lvQ

davidpingu

Advanced Member
What does it say on the 2nd branch in from the left? Standard manifold will have PRC stamped on it.

That looks like it could be a PRB to me but see what it says. Hopefully it isn't PRB as they don't flow as good.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
It definately doesnt look like an uprated one such as RBC or RRC, looks like standard PRC to me but as David says check whats stamped on it.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
It says PRB HF-7?? That bar that goes across the middle just In front of the engine what Is that? Lol

davidpingu

Advanced Member
That may be why it doesn't fit. PRB intake is off the CTR and doesn't flow as well as the PRC which should be the standard intake on the DC5.

Two possibilities. Either someone ran an uprated inlet and has cheaped out when replacing it and put a cheaper inferior intake back on or your engine may be a K20a2. There is a place to check, it's stamped on the block somewhere but someone else will have to tell you where as I'm not sure sorry.

The bar you are referring to is the fuel rail if you mean the gold sort of looking one with the pipe feeding in from the right hand side?

If it's just that someone has skimped on the replacement inlet you're being starved of roughly 10bhp as the engine is already mapped to have better air flow than what it will be currently getting.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
That may be why it doesn't fit. PRB intake is off the CTR and doesn't flow as well as the PRC which should be the standard intake on the DC5.

Two possibilities. Either someone ran an uprated inlet and has cheaped out when replacing it and put a cheaper inferior intake back on or your engine may be a K20a2. There is a place to check, it's stamped on the block somewhere but someone else will have to tell you where as I'm not sure sorry.

The bar you are referring to is the fuel rail if you mean the gold sort of looking one with the pipe feeding in from the right hand side?

If it's just that someone has skimped on the replacement inlet you're being starved of roughly 10bhp as the engine is already mapped to have better air flow than what it will be currently getting.
if its a K20a2 i may throw a hissy fit lol, yeah the guy i bought it of had it Kpro'd with a full mani system then swap it all back before selling i believe, i hope its just the mani.

Am i running the risk of running lean? with it having the wrong manifold with the standard ECU? any potential dangers from this?

thanks

Update: just saw a bar code looking sticker on the left hand side of the block with K20A written on it thank god! haha

davidpingu

Advanced Member
That's the better of the two options mate!

I think if anything you'd be slightly over fueling but it wouldn't be marginal enough to have any adverse effects on safe running. It will be perfectly healthy, just a little down on power.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
inlet manifold wont make much difference to the fueling, its the exhaust that makes the most

Sylar122

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
inlet manifold wont make much difference to the fueling, its the exhaust that makes the most
davidpingu said:
That's the better of the two options mate!

I think if anything you'd be slightly over fueling but it wouldn't be marginal enough to have any adverse effects on safe running. It will be perfectly healthy, just a little down on power.
Well the set up as far as i know has that CTR inlet and in theory a oem manifold need to have a look at that, and a buddy club racing pro spec exhaust… and a hondata air intake

Sylar122

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
You would need to check of course but there appears to be a PRC inlet manifold for sale in the classifieds now :)

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35076-various-oem-parts-eibach-camber-arms-buddyclub-spec-4/
Cheer buddy! Will the throttle body and sesnors E.C.T be the same? In guessing it's just a case of replacing the mani itself and it will all fit? I'm half wondering if I should just go straight for an upgraded mani, though this close to Christmas affording kpro just wouldn't happen haha

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Sylar122 said:
Cheer buddy! Will the throttle body and sesnors E.C.T be the same? In guessing it's just a case of replacing the mani itself and it will all fit? I'm half wondering if I should just go straight for an upgraded mani, though this close to Christmas affording kpro just wouldn't happen haha
Everything is the same, just the mani to swap. It's obviously not causing you any issues so why don't you just wait until after xmas and upgrade it to RBC/RRC, and do the Kpro at the same time?

There tends to be a lot of stuff for sale on here after xmas, you'll probably come across another Kpro then anyway.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Are these PRB Manifolds from an EP3 or FN2? need to flog it lol anyone know what price i should stick it on for?

integraleo

Advanced Member
It's from an ep3,fn2 uses rrc intake. As it's a poor flowing manifold and most people want to get rid of them your only clients are going to be people that have an ep3 with aftermarket one and looking to put car back to standard to sell. No more than 50 quid I would say

Sylar122

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
It's from an ep3,fn2 uses rrc intake. As it's a poor flowing manifold and most people want to get rid of them your only clients are going to be people that have an ep3 with aftermarket one and looking to put car back to standard to sell. No more than 50 quid I would say
Okay cheers buddy!

poeter

integraleo said:
fn2 does not use rrc. it uses rsp.