Engine Build

ab20000

Advanced Member
I think the standard cr is 11.5:1 unless I'm mistaken? This is why I think the 12.4:1 will have a larger dome so I'd want mine clayed for all angles just in case, just would hate a built engine to fail because of this.

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
ab20000 said:
I think the standard cr is 11.5:1 unless I'm mistaken? This is why I think the 12.4:1 will have a larger dome so I'd want mine clayed for all angles just in case, just would hate a built engine to fail because of this.
You're right, I had a brain fart moment back there!

Civic Si

Not a generous Dyno at all, just a proper tune done by a proper tuner I do believe, the cammed Teg was revving up to 8800 rpm, mines at 8600 rpm ! need a higher comp ratio to best suit higher lift cams, or you could possibly loosing power.

Will at RDT will tell you all about cams and whats needed - Si.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Civic Si said:
Can't go wrong with Will at RDT in Harworth, awsum tuning, 248 bhp with K Pro and not too much else says it all for me, I read earlier in a popular Japanese Tuning Magazine of a lad that had K Pro, Skunk 2 stage 2 Cams, Manifold and other parts and the DC5 had only made 245 bhp !
Currently having my DC5 mapped by him this very minute (Spoon 4-2, b-pipe, N1 backbox, Apexi air filter, RBC and KPro) so should see some good results tomorrow. The Dyna Pack dyno looks to be a good piece of kit as well that he uses, I've read information about it online and it seems good at its job.

We have back to back info to show that our own 70mm Billet TB which is a true 70mm end to end does give up to 5bhp improvement over std, we do however CNC Machine the RBC which will not work as well if you just flair the port mouth like most modifiers do.It takes ALL the STD Honda bolt on parts and even uses honda seals and bearings.It bolts directly to the RBC by allen key bolts so no BLOX convertor plates required either.
We made 305bhp NA on a 2.2 with a plenum intake (not throttle bodies).we have never built a cammed 2.0 K20 engine using Buddyclub cams that has not made 270bhp. most are around 275-280.

Guess which one is ours??

also our 70mm TB on a STD intake.

Also showing the built in 'o'ring so no gasket needed :idea:

We and our customers on the road have run these for over two years with NOT ONE comment of them sticking or not working in any way..
Hope this info help you to make the right decision.
p.s.there are copies of ours out there but if it aint black,it aint ours...and it might not work.

Stoo

Whining.....
paul hughes said:
We have back to back info to show that our own 70mm Billet TB which is a true 70mm end to end does give up to 5bhp improvement over std, we do however CNC Machine the RBC which will not work as well if you just flair the port mouth like most modifiers do.It takes ALL the STD Honda bolt on parts and even uses honda seals and bearings.It bolts directly to the RBC by allen key bolts so no BLOX convertor plates required either.
We made 305bhp NA on a 2.2 with a plenum intake (not throttle bodies).we have never built a cammed 2.0 K20 engine using Buddyclub cams that has not made 270bhp. most are around 275-280.

Guess which one is ours??

also our 70mm TB on a STD intake.

Also showing the built in 'o'ring so no gasket needed :idea:

We and our customers on the road have run these for over two years with NOT ONE comment of them sticking or not working in any way..
Hope this info help you to make the right decision.
p.s.there are copies of ours out there but if it aint black,it aint ours...and it might not work.
Prices for the 70mm RBC and tb please

Stoo

Whining.....
dotty said:
Stoo said:
Prices for the 70mm RBC and tb please
+1

I assume you still need a Hondata gasket :)
It's not essential, but recommended.

I actually only want a price to Have an RBC ported to 70mm and the same for a 70>65mm J's tb to be matched.

EK9turbo

eXceed said:
Civic Si said:
Can't go wrong with Will at RDT in Harworth, awsum tuning, 248 bhp with K Pro and not too much else says it all for me, I read earlier in a popular Japanese Tuning Magazine of a lad that had K Pro, Skunk 2 stage 2 Cams, Manifold and other parts and the DC5 had only made 245 bhp !

I,ve got 3 bhp more without Cams, and without a Manifold change, proper tuning ( by someone you can trust ! ), makes all the difference ( will - RDT Ph 07500 702615 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              07500 702615      end_of_the_skype_highlighting )

I won't be going anywhere else now for work on my DC5 - Si.
That's definitely just a generous reading dyno then. Can't compare your result to the cammed DC5. And from what I've heard the cams mean more power is made everywhere so would be noticeably quicker on the road. Also I expect at the top end it wasn't being allowed a high enough rev limit to exploit the cams properly.
Just to clean up a few points, Simon, my dyno only reads the whp which is on your dyno graph which IIRC was around 190. I didnt give you that figure so some confusion there. Standard FN2s read consistantly between 170-175whp. SAE correction, 6secon run. And between days this is extrememly consistant using the SAE correction (atmospheric standardisation temp/barometric press & humidity to SAE 'standard' conditions).