Engine Check Light On with Toda headers???

sbm20

As it says above..........

I want to put these babies on but everyone keeps telling me the Engine Check light will appear........does that happen over there???
:( Is there a fix for it????

Thanx guy's

Stu.

Trung

Advanced Member
It does happen here too however you can connect a Casper 02 sim to trick the ECU or have Hondata K-Pro installed.

sbm20

That is unbelievable...........a fuckin' 02 simulator!!!!!
How the hell was I supposed to find something like that!!!!!!

Thank's again for your wisdom!!!

PS - I keep watching your vid of you going around darlington, vtec crack sounds fantstic!!! :D Whats your redline at????

T666YPR

I de-catted mine with a Spoon 4:2 & 2:1 combination and have had NO checklight issue.
My car is a post mid 2003 update model.

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
None of the JDM DC5R's will throw a check engine light. Well as long as you don't damage the sensor when removing and installing it back.

jonster

Advanced Member
Mine threw a check light when I de-catted. It only happends after the third engine start. This was happening with a Hondata Flash #4 running though. Now I'm KPro enabled I can turn the check-light off.

Jon

tailslide

as far as my limited knowledge of the DC5 tells me, JDM spec DC5s should not have any problems with a de-cat or after market extractor. Think this has got something to do with the ecu emissions regulating function they programmed into export models of the DC5 (much like those found in the euro EP3s) which would trigger the check light once the emissions go bonkers.