engine cutting out

dc5dc5

Hi, bit of a slight problem

went to start the car this morning and the car dies out. car will fire turnover but idles at really low revs for a few seconds, and as soon as i touch the accelerator will cut out.

have checked the fuel, even put a spare tank of fuel in. have checked battery, is fine, even tried stating with boosterpack. have checked throttle body, is clean. bit stumped now.

any ideas anyone pls??

thanks in advance

timp

Advanced Member
does sound electrical, start by ripping the plugs out as per normal and working back.

what was it like the last time that you drove it? any check lights? :?:

dc5dc5

a

no engine light, latest update, i just took the plugs out and found out they were covered in gunk and stank of fuel. gave them a quick wipe and plugeed them back, started on first time but then cut out again. think it may be over fuelling? problem on dc5's?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Have you tried resetting the ECU??? Pull fuse 6 (IIRC) for at least ten seconds, replace and try again.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
In general hondas don't suffer with this type of fault. I suspect it is something that has been added afterwards i.e immobiliser

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
yeah happened to me 2 weeks ago, its my wireless immo which is attached to my fuel pump were faulty... had it repaired n reinstalled yesterday. it cuts the fuel supply even if my Clifford alarm was disarmed...

dc5dc5

update

latest update this morning

right so with all the immobiliser thoughts i removed the immob, it wasnt attachd to the fuel pump, it was wired into the ignition. so i removed it, joined all the original honda wire back up. still doing the same thing

arghhhhhhhhhhhh

thanks for all the help so far guys,

dc5dc5

fp

hmmm not sure, could be that, where is the fuel pump located and how do i go about checking it?

timp

Advanced Member
think i would be right in saying the fuel pump is in the norm place (in the tank)??

You would have to check the pressure at the rail.

What were the plugs like when you took them out, if they were wet then that would probably suggest you were getting at least some fuel.

Are you not in one of the rip off motor organisations or a member of the family, it may be wise to get some one to look at it for free that way if you can.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
If immob/alarm is thatcham approved (which it should be for sva) IT MUST BE cut in two places ign and fuel pump are recomended as you ain't going far without one or the other or of course both.

neil_integra

Advanced Member
These clifford fuel pump cut offs are actually a third point of imobilisation, its more trouble than its worth as it all ready has another 2 cuts to be thatcham approved.
If it is that have it taken off.