Engine differences facelift and pre face

jakeycrx

I have a DC2 with a DC5 K20A engine and box. I need to order some parts and have managed to find a chassis number from the thread about FLO the dodgy DC5! Are there any differences I need to look out for when ordering parts using this chassis number?

I was just going to use a UK EP3 reg but I need to order the clips that hold the gear linkages onto the box and I thought they might be different. I'm also ordering an oil filter but I think they're all the same across the Honda range apart from the S2000.

Mark_teg

Staff member
I don't quite understand what you're asking, but there's no differences for dc5 facelift or pre for the engine & gearbox (some will say the ratios are different, but it's rubbish).

Obviously there'll be lots of differences between the ep3 & dc5 eng/g'box internally and externally.

If you have a chassis code and what honda parts for a JDM car, try Dave Johnson @ Steels honda 01432 267154

HTH

jakeycrx

Sorry, I didn't word that very well. I have a DC5 chassis number which I'm using to order parts so I just wondering if there are any differences between facelift and pre face engine and gearbox parts. To be fair I don't actually know which car my engine and box is from anyway!

I have a good relationship with my local Honda parts guy so I always like to order from him. Thanks for the suggestion though.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the facelift does not have different ratios. same engine and same box.

White ones are faster, its a fact, the paint is lighter :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
sorry, i should have said C H A M P I O N S H I P white, its not called championship blue, red or black is it? and for very good reason.

Erm

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
sorry, i should have said C H A M P I O N S H I P white, its not called championship blue, red or black is it? and for very good reason.
Nah its Premiership Blue, Championship white, League 1 black and League 2 red

*legs it out of this thread*

maxvr6

Advanced Member
The 96 and 98 versions of the DC2 had different ratios, i think there are a few differences like this that have possibly been confused with the PFL and FL DC5.

Mark_teg

Staff member
maxvr6 said:
The 96 and 98 versions of the DC2 had different ratios, i think there are a few differences like this that have possibly been confused with the PFL and FL DC5.
Possibly Max, but I think it's more down to some Japanese dc5 promo vids feeding people BS to trade in their PFs for new FLs ;)