Engine doesn't sit level

Brecht

Advanced Member
Never noticed this before but the engine isn't really level in the engine bay, the engine side is lower than the transmission side.
checked this when i found the sump was touching a rubber trim on the subframe and i really dont know if this is normal at all !
all mounts are changed for hardrace ones exept the drivers side mount ( which isn't leaking or anything )
is this normal? or is there something i should check?
Thanks

wj51fut

Advanced Member
As you look at the car on the left hand side of the engine is a long thread with a point at the end which is attached to the engine block and goes through the engine mount. How far up or down the thread is it?

Brecht

Advanced Member
i've been looking at some pictures on the internet and what i've noticed is..... The previous owner has put the support upside down !! :xyes:
In the two years of driving and working on this car, this is the first time i've noticed it really... makes me feel pretty stupid :xaiweb5:
i'm just glad it's just a costless job and easy to do :xgrin:

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Be carefull that the drivers side one doesnt rip, if you used uprated ones, it might destroy the drivers side one.

Brecht

Advanced Member
okay thanks for the tip , i've had uprated mounts from the beginning when i started driving the car and so far so good really.
And if it rips, still have my innovative and hardrace one to replace it with.
Never replaced it to an uprated one so i can still drive it without the droning noises :xgrin: