Engine flush

fly chicken

Advanced Member
Hi all
After 3 weeks holiday from Hong Kong , I start my teg again the vtec seems not kick in , I can still hear the vtec sound . Engine oil change 2 months ago less than 500 miles , is that the vtec solenoid not working ?? Do I need a engine flush ??

Thanks

Rom

Advanced Member
Id give it a good blast first.
From reading, a lot seem to suffer if stood up at all.

New oil wont have degraded at all by now. I would do a flush, but when you next change. Its not worth throwing oil away just yet.
For oil to be causing a problem, it would need to be carbon saturated, which could start to clog things up.

Alex.J

Advanced Member
Wouldn't ever use engine flush on any car if that's what your implying to use?!

Only flush with engine oil!

Rom

Advanced Member
Alex.J said:
Wouldn't ever use engine flush on any car if that's what your implying to use?!

Only flush with engine oil!
Any anecdotal tales to share ?

Alex.J

Advanced Member
Anything thats designed to thin a vital part of the engine is bad news!

You wouldn't pour anything else through the oil filler cap that's good at clearing up oil.

Flushing to me would be, drain old oil, remove old filter. Put in new filter and new oil, run for a day at most, then drain oil and change filter again!

That's a 'flush'

integraleo

Advanced Member
Actually watched a best motoring video on YouTube a while back where they had head of honda engines designer in Japan state that you never should use engine flush in honda engines. He was talking to drift king tsuchiya about it as he said he done it before every track event in his nsx.
So even in Japan there is confusion on the matter. It has something to do with causing an issue with the oil galleries or something

Rom

Advanced Member
I'll be flushing with oil myself too.
My plan is oil change, with a flush as soon as I get it. Run the new oil and filter for a bit, let it break down any deposits hopefully.
Then another oil and filter change.

It's another one of those, does it actually do anything things. There's no real way of knowing.

People run oil scooter, friction modifiers, slick 50 etc all the time. None of which is recommended by the manufacturer.
Manufacturer's won't recommend stuff they don't control. Gives them a leg to stand should anything go wrong.

I have no scientific data to say what effect it has on viscosity.
I know I've used them, and worked at a few main dealers who have too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

fly chicken

Advanced Member
I checked the spark plug and there are some engine oil leakage from the seal!
give the plug a good clean and put the new spoon cover on ,it's all sorted!!
vtec is spot on now:)