Engine Management

Traitor

I have been searching for a suitable engine management system for the dc5 ITR. Where i live the pump gas quality is poor and it isn't everyday your going to buy MS109 and rip someone a new a-hole :D Therefore i have not been interested in mugen and spoon non-programmable ecu's.

I am looking for a programmable ecu. Could you guys let me know what ecu's are out there? I've come across the k-pro, are their any others? From reading it seems you need HKS to tune your car if you buy their HKS F Con V Pro, apexi does not make a power fc for the dc5 as far as i can see.

Last resort would be to use the mugen ecu in conbination with a cheap piggy back fuel controller(for street use) and turn off the piggy back when the ms109 race fuel is in the tank.

Your comments appreciated.

andyd

Advanced Member
Motec M400
Motec M800
K-Pro
K-100
Mugen
Mugen - N1
AEM

All make Ecu's for the DC5

Andy

Traitor

Does the motec ecu come with an adapter harness for your application? or does it tap into the existing harness? will you be able to adjust the VTC with the motec system?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Motec is only really for race applications, where the car isn't road legal.

90% of us owners are using KPro and it is fully mappable to different fuel grades.

andyd

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:

90% of us owners are using KPro and it is fully mappable to different fuel grades.
Try again.

Motec can be used on the road :?

It all depends on how well you want you car tuned, K-Pro is ok but Motec ECU's are the best 8)

Andy

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
andyd said:
milano_chris said:

Try again.

Motec can be used on the road :?

It all depends on how well you want you car tuned, K-Pro is ok but Motec ECU's are the best 8)

Andy
I know that mate, but for normal applications I wouldn't reccomend MOTEC. Getting everything else apart from the engine to work properly is a reet nightmare - or so I hear.

andyd

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
Getting everything else apart from the engine to work properly is a reet nightmare - or so I hear.
well thats all you want though isn't it :lol: :lol:

Andy

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Well...

When my car is ready to be tuned, it will be with Motec....

I may even have a Motec ECU to keep!! otherwise they will convert the tuning map to Honda code and burn it on my OEM ECU (Hondata are not the only people that can do this!)

Mike

Traitor

Been doing some research and it seems that with the HKS F Con v Pro you need to take it to an Official HKS tuner to have it tuned because they are the only ones who have the program write software. :roll: I am understanding this right guys?