Engine mount recommendations for a Noob

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Hi guys, recently had my drivers side engine mount fail on me so obviously looking for a replacement. Now I'm not too sure whether to purchase OEM again (circa £150.00 for the one mount) or buy uprated mounts either the Innovative ones of Hasport approx 300 for the whole set.

What are people opinions on the Hasport and Innovative mounts and which would you guys go for? (any other brand suggestions are welcome). In my head I'm settled that I'm going to get the street variants of the uprated ones (if I go that route) but I'm not sure which are good and bad. If you could point me in the general direction that would be fantastic.

And also are the street variants (60A) going to be a PITA vibration wise?

Cheers
Chris

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Ive just ordered a set of Mugen mounts through injection imports. Fancied something a little bit more firm that wasn't going to shake the car to peices. I have mount inserts when I replaced the front three or 4 years ago, but think the rear has gone now and as far as i know the other side ones have never been changed. Hopefully they are more than suitable for me :) surprised at the price too, cheaper than buying new oem through honda haha

adam.

Advanced Member
I had vibratechnics mounts on my last toy (Clio 172 Cup) and they were the best mod I did, by far.

That being said, clio engine mounts are chocolate - the dc5 ones feel pretty good, not that I ever launch the car.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Thanks for the replies gents, much appreciated. I will consider both options before purchasing. Anyone else had any experience with any of the above?

Thanks alot

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I had the hasport ones in my first dc5 and they rattled the car quite badly when standing still, once the engine was under load they were great and the response through gear shifts was great and helped my school sports exhaust manifold from cracking.

On the dc5 I have now I have a set of j's racing mounts, I ran them in my ep3 first and they were great. About 30% stiffer over the oem ones. If injection can get you a set of Mugen ones I think that's a great option and similar to the j's racing :)

Fez

Advanced Member
I have the innovative(75a) on the teg now and love them. Bit rattley on cold start ups.

Also had Hasport on my civic had 62a and changed them out for 85a, and ill be honest i didn't even notice a difference lol.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Cheers again guys, now all you've done is throw more ideas into my head lol. My bad for asking though I suppose. Some say the 75s rattle alot some don't mind its really hard to judge. I don't go on track really bar maybe a couple a year so is there any real benefit for the 75s?

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Simple yet expensive answer, vibra technics Street kit... Best engineered engine mounts you can get..

Then again you should already know this since I've lectured you about it haha

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
Simple yet expensive answer, vibra technics Street kit... Best engineered engine mounts you can get..

Then again you should already know this since I've lectured you about it haha
Sorry mate I never listen to half of your ramblings ;). I will have a look at those mate! anyone else agree with Luke here ?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
adamlstr said:
Do I need to quote myself?
No mate not at all! Taken your info in which is hugely appreciated. Just theres been quite a few suggestions been thrown around I want to be sure before spending 300 to 400 quid. Sure you can appreciate that.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Can't speak for the vibratechnics mounts as I haven't had any but hear many great things about them. They are a great looking bit of kit bar you won't really see them all lol, would be nice to see how Jimmer gets on with his mugen ones as I think for a road car they would be a great upgrade and maybe a little cheaper than the vibratechnics ones bar there may be a slight wait from Japan

adam.

Advanced Member
The difference when I put all Vibratechnics mounts on my last car was nothing short of phenomenal.

All the horrible slack was gone, wheel hop and wheel spin reduced, and all that was left was a massively positive acceleration experience.

It also helped with hard braking.

Overall, it utterly transformed the drive.

There was a small increase in vibration at idle, but so long as they are fitted with the correct procedure and allowed to settle, they're amazing.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Another +1 for Vibratechnics, had the front mount on my Cupra, will definitely be sticking with the brand.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Thanks alot guys the help is much appreciated. Going to see how much cost and lead time for the Mugen ones as id hope they're only marginally stiffer. Failing that I will pul the trigger on the Vibratechnics. Thanks again guys really helped me out cheers!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Thanks alot guys the help is much appreciated. Going to see how much cost and lead time for the Mugen ones as id hope they're only marginally stiffer. Failing that I will pul the trigger on the Vibratechnics. Thanks again guys really helped me out cheers!
Speak with Matt at injection imports. 4 weeks i was told, and at a very good price too. Don't want to say the price publicly as I know rates can vary day to day but pm if you like :)