Engine Mount?

Grov

Banned
Is this engine mount upside-down?

Was told at TDI North that it was but isn't a major issue, but now it's bugging me lol.

cpoh

Advanced Member
The mount itself is definitely in the correct wya. Maybe the bracket that attaches to the side of the engine is upside down? looks fine though.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
That's definatley upside down as there should also be a earth strap attached to the top of it.

cpoh

Advanced Member
Just popped the hood earlier and yup its upside down! Changed this mount myself only a few months ago, its only a 2min job to swap that bracket.

Grov

Banned
Ok, thanks guys, anyone wanna post a pic of how it should look for me lol. Want to change this myself, can i just un bolt it, or have i gotta suppoort things, jack things, etc?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Ok, thanks guys, anyone wanna post a pic of how it should look for me lol. Want to change this myself, can i just un bolt it, or have i gotta suppoort things, jack things, etc?
Just support the engine with a jack.. It won't go far as the other three mounts are still in place..

Grov

Banned
Real pain trying to reach the nut on the long thread, can't get a spanner, and don't have a socket to reach it. Hopefully me old man can get one from work.

Grov

Banned
No chance of un-doing any of the 3 nuts. Dads made me a 17 socket welded to a long pipe, to fit over the long bolt, no joy in un-doing it, or the other 2, they are on so so tight, hurt my hands trying to undo them. Any tips?

Josh16v

Advanced Member
Are you trying to undo these using a ratchet? You'll have more sucess with a bar.... And even more sucess with a big bar :p

Grov

Banned
Yeah managed it. No luck on my own, needed me dad to hold the bar upright while i turned it, got it off eventually, all sorted now.

I think it might of been the reason why the oil level always seemed odd, ass the engine seemed to be slighty lower one end.