Engine Mounts - Are these any good?

Chewy

Advanced Member
Never fitted or owner personally but I'd stick with the fact 'The price seems too good to be true'.

You could take the punt on them for the sake of £70-80 if you're fitting yourself just out of curiosity and if they fail they fail...

But, If you're paying for someone to fit them, in the event they fail, despite the fact they're coming from America, if the company does honor the warranty, you'll still have to pay to return the item for inspection and the cost of labour to replace them... By this point you're in the realms (cost wise) of a new set of OEM or aftermarket proven mounts.

If it were my money, I think i'd play it safe.

Beefman147

Chewy said:
Never fitted or owner personally but I'd stick with the fact 'The price seems too good to be true'.

You could take the punt on them for the sake of £70-80 if you're fitting yourself just out of curiosity and if they fail they fail...

But, If you're paying for someone to fit them, in the event they fail, despite the fact they're coming from America, if the company does honor the warranty, you'll still have to pay to return the item for inspection and the cost of labour to replace them... By this point you're in the realms (cost wise) of a new set of OEM or aftermarket proven mounts.

If it were my money, I think i'd play it safe.
Thanks for the reply. I noticed a very slight split in my driver side front mount which I believe is a common problem. It isn't affecting the driving of the car as far as I can tell and I was looking at replacements and stumbled upon these. Had considered giving it a go and changing this one 1st as it is simple and then take it from there.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
OEM for me all the way, mine needed some so oem fitted and due to having a manifold back system TGM fitted the Energy inserts to the front mount to prevent movement and damages to the system and mount.

I would say OEM all the way tbh, or a proven one that's reputable if you want to upgrade, depends on the use of the car etc

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Vibratechnic road mounts are a brilliant compromise between OEM and the polyeurophane mount. Vibrate very very little

Fez

Advanced Member
5 year warranty over everyone else's 1 year, i'd be tempted to try them.