Engine mounts

barsby2k10

Advanced Member
Probably a stupid question: Since I bought my car, the engine makes a grinding/vibration noise under engine breaking and first I was going to check the engine mounts, as I hear this can be caused by split engine mounts. I have located the top two but not yet had a look at the bottom two. Here is the stupid bit: how do you tell the engine mount is broken? is it a split rubber bit?

Cheers

raz786

Advanced Member
Yes the rubber bit looks worn/torn, but you may not be able to tell without actually having the car on a ramp and moving the engine about with a bar or something.

Just posted in your other post, 2 things now that suggest it could be the engine mounts mate, maybe worth getting a mechanic who knows the DC5 to have a look. Where abouts are you based?

raz786

Advanced Member
You can probably get Engine Mounts from a breaker which is what I did when I replaced mine. Try Integrastella on here, thats his username on ebay too which he's more likely to check often.

How much of a trip would it be for you to get to Warington mate? TDI North have a good rep. Unit 8 also has a good rep, as do TGM who are in Fleet.

barsby2k10

Advanced Member
Will look into each. Was thinking TGM as I may be down that way with work soon. Cheers again for the help.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
If you are going to be in Bristol again soon, drop me a pm, i can have a look for you if i'm in.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Francis Honda (Narborough rd) are good they used to look after my EP3, DC5 and FD2 and a few other DC5s, avoid the Mountsorrel branch though.