Engine Service - Valves

My DC5 now covered 27K, so 3rd service due. I aleady replaced the pads and changed the oil so look it into Honda for an engine service.

DC5's do not have a cam belt or self adjusting valves, so at 27k the valve clearence needs adjusting, Honda charged 1 hr labour. and they advised all clearences needed adjusting.

Now the good news, the car is much more responsive, more torque, more Vtec kick and better fuel consumption.

Only other items, changed the air filter (same as civic Type R) and gearbox oil, DC5's do not have a fuel filter its built into the tank.
rgs
Martin

dan the man

Advanced Member
no cam belt??? what then, chain or summat or am i being daft again...................... :?

dan the man said:
no cam belt??? what then, chain or summat or am i being daft again...................... :?
Hi Dan the man
Ok,...The cam shaft is driven from the crankshaft. Honda changed on i-vtecfrom belt to chain, be happy this is good news, never heard of a chain snapping but belts can go (major problem)
Martin

dan the man

Advanced Member
chains used to be noisy and thats why they swapped to belts so honda found a way to quiet em down then? whats the interval for changing it? my mates e30 m3 is 100k i think, be good if a lot of manufactures went back, stop worrrying eh. dan. thanks too!