Engine surge

steellam

Hi,

When my teg goes off cold start it constantly surges up and down quite drasically when ticking over.

The managment light isnt on and there are no fault codes on the ecu.

I have searched for vacum pipes cracked or lose to no avail

Anybody shed any light ?

Cheers

Ste

steellam

It was doing it with the standard filter but since then I have fitted a mugen one from the classifieds on the forum. I checked all the air pipes when swapping it and everything seemed ok :(

Duncs

you could try pulling the ECU fuse to reset the ECU, there plenty of posts around with corerect fuse, but it seems like an air leak, but just when it is cold is a bit odd, have a look at the RSX manual at the engine electric section and see if there is anything that will affect the air/fuel ratio when cold.
mine did it when the injen was first fitted but after that has been stable,
sorry not a great deal of help :?

steellam

Ta for the reply - I have allready tried the ecu fuse, I have fitted a new knock sensor and had to turn the engine management light off with the paper clip trick, dont know if that could have done anything bad :S

Ill have a sift thru the rsx forums, cheers for the help :)

P15UL T

Advanced Member
sorry to here you are having problems after fitting the intake ( glad to here you got it ok )

i never noticed anything different when i swapped from the original to the mugen ???

hope you find the fault :?

Paul

steellam

P15ULT, sorry I diddnt message you to confirm but the filter arrived very quickly - many thanks, looks great.

The filter is not the cause of my problem, it was doing it previous to me fitting it. I thought in the process of swapping it I may have noticed a vac pipe cracked or off and sorted it, no joy tho.

I bought it with an engine fault, replaced the knock sensor which cured the fault code/management light but diddnt cure the surging :(

I have not used the car - its been stood at my garage. I think maybe it needs a good "italian service" (ragging round the block). It passed its mot Friday and will be taxed Monday so I will report back (If i dont stuff it during testing :D )
I am a current DC2 owner and havnt actually driven my DC5 beast yet :D

P15UL T

Advanced Member
if you get it going you will love it !

i am starting to regret getting the 350z and havnt sold the dc5 yet so may still change my mind.

the dc5 is so much rawer than the 350 but i suppose i knew that when buying it

....decisions decisions

good luck !