EP3/DC5 Mugen airbox filter replacement

JamilDc5TypeR

Hi does anyone know the K&N part number for the mugen intake replacement filter I don't want to pay mugens price when K&N make it I think ep3 and dc5 are the same let me know thanks Jamil

firthy22

Advanced Member
Would like to know this myself, had to wash mine and dry it out last time but would prefer a new one this time.

JamilDc5TypeR

Pain in the ass to find only need that to give to k&n have you got a mugen one in your box or K&n you don't have the part number on your filter do you cheers

firthy22

Advanced Member
Mine's the original Mugen filter, creamy colour not red like the K&N version.

I've e-mailed K&N europe and waiting for a reply.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Edit again give in lol, its got a funny kink on one edge and i cant find any K&n panel filter that has this

firthy22

Advanced Member
Received a reply from K&N and they said that the panel filter is only available to Mugen :(

Rang Mugen europe and even they don't stock them, would need to be a special order from Mugen Japan. Apparently it is a life time filter so obviously can be cleaned.

I'll check mine and wash it in nice hot soapy water again.

As it's a panel filter can anyone tell me if you need to spray it with an oil before refitting or just replace after it's been cleaned ??

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
According to some people on RSX forum the filter is made by AFE and not k&n

as for cleaning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5JtLLiBDbc

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
I've got one and I'm 99% it is K&N.

If there weren't a gazillion screws to undo to check, I'd have a look at lunch but the effort escapes me. And the tools.

There is a Mugen Airbox on eBay but no filter... Could prove to be quite a hard sell if you can't get hold of a filter.

firthy22

Advanced Member
According to some people on RSX forum the filter is made by AFE and not k&n

as for cleaning

Brilliant, just what I was looking for, now I know why K&N filters are red :)
Has anyone usd this kit, just wondered if the spray or squeezee bottle is easiest to use ?

JamilDc5TypeR

Right I've got my mugen box now but refuse to pay 200 for a panel made by k&n so I have been researching and I found a filter made by k&n it's measurements hight and width are near on identical 330mm H and 241 W only things that's only slightly difference is the shape at the top I have seen some one make one fit with slight mods if it's a success I will make a how DIY thread K&n part number 33/2919

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Bump of an old thread. Has anyone managed to get a replacement panel filter, or modified one to fit?

I know they are lifetime but it's nice to have a spare in case of damage or what not.