EP3/DC5 Spoon Earthing kit

sh33n

Advanced Member
Who's the bloke on the civic forum that sells them on the cheap?

Spoon one seems bit pricey for what it does.

BadBoy

Advanced Member
sh33n said:

Spoon one seems bit pricey for what it does.
TP, I already have a circle grounding kit similar to the HKS one, but as the battery terminals are smaller than usual mine doesn't fit.

Evs

Advanced Member
sh33n said:
Paul aka 'tp'. I've got one of his kits - does the same job and only cost about £40 IIRC.

Or you can make your own out of audio power cable :idea:

BadBoy

Advanced Member
Evs said:
sh33n said:
Paul aka 'tp'. I've got one of his kits - does the same job and only cost about £40 IIRC.

True, but you need a heavy duty crimping tool.

AdrianK

Advanced Member
mine has the audio cable one, but i fancy a spoon one just for the label on the wire :-(

Evs

Advanced Member
BadBoy said:
Evs said:
True, but you need a heavy duty crimping tool.
Or a soldering iron / blowtorch. But then if you haven't already got tools like that you're probably better off buying a ready made earthing kit anyway... :lol:

sh33n

Advanced Member
Cheers Evs & BadBoy, have PM'd him.

I assume you don't actually notice any difference with these things, but I'm also assuming it's a worth while mod for the money? (I know some people argue that the cars grounded enough and doesn't need it).

BadBoy

Advanced Member
sh33n said:

I assume you don't actually notice any difference with these things, but I'm also assuming it's a worth while mod for the money? (I know some people argue that the cars grounded enough and doesn't need it).
You will notice a difference, the car will idle better.

mikegsi

Staff member
i made my own with some heavy duty audio power cable, still cost near enough £20 inc all the bits, not as pretty as TP's ones, but he forwarded me instructions on how to do it and where to wire it etc

Suped

Advanced Member
Have a Spoon Earthing kit fitted on me teg, pics are in the gallery. I have not noticed any idle improvements as I also have a ETD fitted which shakes the dash quarters slightly. However, I have noticed the improvements to be gained from the amps installed in the boot. The voltage has stabilised lots but does fluctuate at the 14.2 and 14.0 mark on the capacitor display. That was the intention when buying the earthing kit, is to stablise the jumpy voltage.

dobber

Advanced Member
AdrianK said:
mine has the audio cable one, but i fancy a spoon one just for the label on the wire :-(
You have the TP earthing kit on yur car BTW :)

whitesnail

BadBoy said:
sh33n said:

Yes idling engine will be quieter.
Head lights also shines bright.
The audio also clearer.
Speedometer meter light more consist in brightness.
The voltage reading on the guage used to be 13.1v now is showing 14.0V :D

whitesnail

BadBoy said:
sh33n said:

Is worth the money. Just that have to avoid those hot area like the exhaust. If not earth cable will harden fast and become fruitless.